Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GS 88 and PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bit_user19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: GS 88 and PC Reply with quote

How can I send sound from my windows lap top through GS88? I've already connected with usb cable, but im not getting GS as a sound device.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The USB B port on the Grandstage is only for passing MIDI data. There is no audio over USB on the Grandstage, nor is there the facility to pass analogue audio into the Grandstage. If you want to merge laptop sounds with Grandstage sounds, use a mixer, or alternatively, feed Grandstage audio out into the laptop's audio in port, if it has one, and mix the audio streams using the laptop's mixer.

bit_user19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see... I could do that with my Roland Fantom 6, but obviously not with this Korg... Thanks for the answer and suggestions!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roland Fantom supports MIDI over USB but, like the Grandstage, it doesn't support audio over USB, although the Fantom does have analogue audio inputs. The Grandstage will respond to MIDI song data sent from the laptop over USB, with the audio being generated by the Grandstage. I wonder if that's what you meant.

bit_user19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, what I meant is I used to connect my lap top and roland and than listen audio from my lap top through roland over my studio speakers...In that way I could play song and than just follow with my keyboard.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the mixer route is the way to go. Search on e.g. Amazon for "Pepperdecks DJOCLATE Pocket Audio Mixer" or something similar. It's a simple and inexpensive passive audio mixer. An alternative is the Behringer Xenyx 502.

bit_user19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is coming tomorrow : Yamaha AG03 Three Channel Mixer and USB Audio Interface... I really appreciate your answers Voip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Grandstage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: