Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 Editor Problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Called Korg Reply with quote

JJESP wrote:
I always find Java applications tricky and with problems….)

Yes, agreed. That part is fair enough to blame on Korg.
The software supplied with most synths doesn't require any specific MIDI drivers. It just works with your existing drivers. The problem with the SV-1 software is mostly because it requires special drivers, and I suspect that that may be because the software is written in Java.

Still love my SV-1, though!
Dashka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Called Korg Reply with quote

ryanlay wrote:
Hey guys (first post Very Happy),
So I was running into the same issue as most here: when I opened the Editor, all I saw was the Backup tab. I use Win 7 x64. I called Korg and the problem was fixed within 5 minutes. Go the start menu and type in regedit. In the frame on the left open KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>Current Version>Drivers32 in the frame on the right you should notice registry entries titled midi, midi1, midi2, etc... I won't get into the how and why in this post, but i right-click>delete on the following entries: midi, midi1, midi2. Close the regedit using File>Exit. Open the Start menu and open: All Programs>KORG>KORG Usb-MIDI Driver Tools and open Install Korg USB-Midi Device. After installation, open the Editor and it should work.

Sorry for wall-of-text >_<

Thanks a million! Couldn't get the editor working and this sorted it for me!
Much Appreciated!
javaj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So reading everybodies issues on Windows- but what about Mac. I am getting this issue now and I somehow think it is because of Java. I updated the latest from Apple hoping it would work but nothing. Is there also a MIDI limit in OSx that I would need to skim (or reset). Worked before so this is just annoying now.
May have to do a Time Machine restore at this rate.
wilfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject: Korg SV-1 editor Problems mac OSX Reply with quote

Did you ever figure this out on Mac OSX? I have the same issue that just appeared one day, now I can't connect and just get the backup screen. All MIDI functions work fine over USB otherwise.
ckurtis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: ugh Reply with quote

After reading this entire thread, and trying each and everyone of these "solutions" I still can't get the editor to see my sv-1.

Again, just like everyone else, the midi function works fine with my other programs... just no sound bank info with editor.

I have a windows7/64. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, regedit removed midi, tried 64, 32, both....etc etc.

If someone knows the magic bullet to make this work, I'd be in your debt.

Thanks,

CK
marstar61

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: it did the trick for me Reply with quote

all afternoon I've been at this on a Win 7 Home 64bit with Java SE 7. I could see that the SV-1 was being setup as the 10 audio device via the Midi driver utility. IN the end I did the following and IT WORKED!

------------------
So I was running into the same issue as most here: when I opened the Editor, all I saw was the Backup tab. I use Win 7 x64. I called Korg and the problem was fixed within 5 minutes. Go the start menu and type in regedit. In the frame on the left open KKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Microsoft>Windows NT>Current Version>Drivers32 in the frame on the right you should notice registry entries titled midi, midi1, midi2, etc... I won't get into the how and why in this post, but i right-click>delete on the following entries: midi, midi1, midi2. Close the regedit using File>Exit. Open the Start menu and open: All Programs>KORG>KORG Usb-MIDI Driver Tools and open Install Korg USB-Midi Device. After installation, open the Editor and it should work.
-----------------

BTW, I did that after unstalling Java (I only installed it to make the editor software happy), the editor and the midi device driver entirely. And running "CCleaner" a lot in between to ensure everything was cleaned up.

Perhaps it's worth it to do the regedit MIDI delete before even installing the midi driver and the editor, i.e. the order matters.
teddyc1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Driver for 10.4.11 is nowhere Reply with quote

Mac users: How's the connection with the Editor, and what was your workaround solution?

Can someone PM me their email -- I'd need to get the old version of the Mac Korg USB-midi driver that runs on older Macs. I don't know if that version is on the disc or not but it's probably the 1.0 or an earlier version of 1.1 usb midi driver.

The inter webs don't have this driver. All of Korg's web pages seem to only have the Intel drivers for post 10.5 OS X.
Former gear: Fender Rhodes MKII suitcase, Roland Juno 6.
chaplin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: java runtie Reply with quote

tonebars888 wrote:
i think i took it from here:

http://download.cnet.com/Java-Runtime-Environment-JRE/3000-2378_4-10009607.html

this is confusing then because you say 32-bit is hopeless, 64-bit works flawless now after downloading this java runtime environment, but this link is for 32-bit Java

Been trying all weekend to get this working with my new sv-1 this is amazing in 2015. Honestly haven't had this time of anti plug and play configuration issue with a USB device since windows 95. I guess Korg is saving tons of cash on software developers
chaplin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: java runtie Reply with quote

chaplin wrote:
tonebars888 wrote:
i think i took it from here:

http://download.cnet.com/Java-Runtime-Environment-JRE/3000-2378_4-10009607.html

this is confusing then because you say 32-bit is hopeless, 64-bit works flawless now after downloading this java runtime environment, but this link is for 32-bit Java

Been trying all weekend to get this working with my new sv-1 this is amazing in 2015. Honestly haven't had this time of anti plug and play configuration issue with a USB device since windows 95. I guess Korg is saving tons of cash on software developers

Ok I finally fixed it. In my case... it was a usb assignment issue. I tried 3 different usb inputs. One of the front of the PC, one that was previously used by a printer, and one that was normally used by my m-audio midi controller keyboard. All failed (could see SV-1 in device mgr but couldn't use the editor software). I then went to the back of the PC and tried a new (forth) USB slot and tried this and now I see the main page in the editor. YMMV but this is what worked for me after following all the steps in this thread
teddyc1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Driver for 10.4.11 is nowhere Reply with quote

teddyc1 wrote:
Mac users: How's the connection with the Editor, and what was your workaround solution?

Can someone PM me their email -- I'd need to get the old version of the Mac Korg USB-midi driver that runs on older Macs. I don't know if that version is on the disc or not but it's probably the 1.0 or an earlier version of 1.1 usb midi driver.

The inter webs don't have this driver. All of Korg's web pages seem to only have the Intel drivers for post 10.5 OS X.

Mac users: I got the 1.0 USB driver mailed to me, and I posted it here:
https://www.facebook.com/download/1447779565532068/KORG%20USB-MIDI%20Driver.zip

USB MIDI Driver 1.08(r7) for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later. Works on both G4 and Intel Mac computers.
Former gear: Fender Rhodes MKII suitcase, Roland Juno 6.
sinuswelle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: it did the trick for me Reply with quote

I tried to install the Korg SV-2 and ran into the same issue (Win 10). The following description helped me as well, although I had to do it multiple times and uninstall/reinstall the Korg USB-Midi driver as well as the SV-2 editor. But it’s working fine now:

marstar61 wrote:
all afternoon I've been at this on a Win 7 Home 64bit with Java SE 7. I could see that the SV-1 was being setup as the 10 audio device via the Midi driver utility. IN the end I did the following and IT WORKED!

------------------
-----------------

BTW, I did that after unstalling Java (I only installed it to make the editor software happy), the editor and the midi device driver entirely. And running "CCleaner" a lot in between to ensure everything was cleaned up.

Perhaps it's worth it to do the regedit MIDI delete before even installing the midi driver and the editor, i.e. the order matters.

Many thanks to marstar61 and all the others!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: