Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loud beep after changing parameters and randomly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattydaniels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject: loud beep after changing parameters and randomly Reply with quote

i have an issue with my wavestate it only started this today but when i change a parameter on synth and press a key on the keyboard i now get a load beep before the sound and sometimes it just does it randomly as well be playing change note and i just get a loud beep and its not very good anyone any ideas to what it might be and how to solve it or is it a visit to synth doctorss its still under warranty cheers
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info is needed...

Is it connected to anything? USB or Midi cables? If so, try disconnecting everything but power and audio cables and then try to reproduce this loud beep. If you can't reproduce it with the usb and midi disconnected it may be a midi loop. They can present themselves in many strange ways.

Try to record it and post a video or audio file somewhere so people can hear what is happening when they try to help you.

Good Luck!
mattydaniels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it just does it when i change anything and no theres nothing connected to it apart from the power cable and my headphones i change say a modulation or vcut off etc........ when i press the key it just beeps then plays the sound as normal but not on everything only some things i don't know not a synth repair engineer but its either a bug or a fault with the unit the beep is the same scross the keyboard so say i change the cutoff on something and i press the next note it will beep then play the sound and the beep is across the keyboard but on some things it does some it doesn't only started doing it today
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the beep continuous, or only when you play notes?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
mattydaniels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its when i play a note its not the synth it was just the patch i was using because there is an issue with the voice allocation on this cause sometimes it totally crashes out the sound or does beeps or any number of weird things relating to the voicing on this but other then that its fine it was just me been thick and the patch getting confused it was a heavy rhythm patch and that does confuse it and causes issues in the voices such as transistions not working completely crashing the sound its annoying but no big thing
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattydaniels wrote:
its when i play a note its not the synth it was just the patch i was using because there is an issue with the voice allocation on this cause sometimes it totally crashes out the sound or does beeps or any number of weird things relating to the voicing on this but other then that its fine it was just me been thick and the patch getting confused it was a heavy rhythm patch and that does confuse it and causes issues in the voices such as transistions not working completely crashing the sound its annoying but no big thing

If you like, export the sound using the Librarian and send it to me; I'd like to see what's going on. I'll send you a DM.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: