Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just bought this jewel, manual is not a big help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-xDesertEaglex-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: I just bought this jewel, manual is not a big help Reply with quote

I need an honest opinion, if I have to confess, I don’t even know where to start or what to do with it.

I recently bought a really nice, top shape, spotless Korg Pa1X Pro, just looking at it’s a beauty, however, here comes the difficult part:

I cannot seem to find how to use the sampling feature, I have other two keyboard pianos and I want to record some sounds from those 2 KBs to the Pa1X Pro, but the manual doesn’t help enough, and for some reason I can’t seem to find a way do it, I can’t even find out whether it has a hard drive or not, so here is my concern:

I want to keep it, I have played around the drums + arranger features, and I was very much impressed with them, as well as some sounds, however it didn’t have the sounds I was expecting I thought it had, so I am divided if I should keep it or should I sell it; again, the condition I bought it’s just spotless, so I don’t think I can find other Pa1X Pro in the future in the same condition w/o waiting for a long time, if I ever want to have it back, so this is something I am still debating.

If I am able to make the sampling feature to work, I will keep it, because the sounds I am looking to record in it are just the ones I play the most, and they are kind of unique, so these sounds are a must to have in this Pa1x Pro, and I don’t even know if I have to add some kind of storage to make this feature to work; if I have to add some additional storage, I don’t think this would be worth it depending on the cost of some storage upgrades.

So, I would like to know how to find out if my KB has a Hard Drive, I can sample some sounds, also how to operate the sampling feature, because even when I have read and used the manual to follow the process, it just doesn't work, it doesn’t record the sounds I try to sample.

Because it’s really nice and top shape, what I think it works in its favor is the fact that I bought from a previously closed studio for a very low price (less than $1K), so I am willing to put some $$ into it just not too much because of its age and the ability to find good quality upgrades.

So please ask anything you would want to know if this is something you would be thinking of keeping; I play the KBs in my church, so using these sounds is a must, however if I cannot find a way to solve these concerns, I am going to have to sell it.

Again my personal choice is to find a way, preferable not too expensive, to make the sampling to work, but if I can’t, even if I can find a use for the rest of its features, it’s very hard for me to see how can I use it in my church w/o these sounds.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I successfully learned how to sample and create multisamples from the User Manual (2.52 latest version) - on page 215 there is a walkthrough tutorial - it works!! I had no idea about sampling at all and managed to get it going from this tutorial. Make sure you regularly save your work during the process.

Your PA1XPro (76 key) will have a Hard drive installed
If you cannot get the manual (for OS 2.52) please let me know

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: