Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save sequencer song as a Combi?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bizrank

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject: Save sequencer song as a Combi? Reply with quote

Hello,
I started a SNG file a while ago, and now have many song versions as part of it. Over time I have added instruments, effects, etc., and would like to store and return to this song and use it for its settings only, starting brand new. Is it possible to take one of the many songs in the SNG sequencer and save it as a Combi? The Menus (SAVE or UTILITY) don't seem to permit me to do a save of that sort (essentially a "write combi" from Song) though I'm new to Kronos and probably am overlooking something very simple. Thank you for any advice.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right, not aware of a command that converts a Song to Combi.

If you like your settings on a S000, just keep them as a template SEC file of sorts in DISK.

to reuse it , , you are already working on song 000, and want to bring in the file, load it to
" append " to Song 000. It will be seen as S001. Then copy what you need from
S001 to S000, in track edit.

I do most of my edit work in the track edit tab.
bizrank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello GregC,
Thanks, and I'm eager to try it. But I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what an SEC file is, and can't find it on the SAVE menu for template songs or elsewhere.
Trials of a newbie with the Kronos, and you have been very patient! Thanks
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bizrank wrote:
Hello GregC,
Thanks, and I'm eager to try it. But I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know what an SEC file is, and can't find it on the SAVE menu for template songs or elsewhere.

Hi Bill, my typo, sorry. Its SEQ file [ not SEC]
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Save sequencer song as a Combi? Reply with quote

bizrank wrote:
Hello,
I started a SNG file a while ago, and now have many song versions as part of it. Over time I have added instruments, effects, etc., and would like to store and return to this song and use it for its settings only, starting brand new. Is it possible to take one of the many songs in the SNG sequencer and save it as a Combi? The Menus (SAVE or UTILITY) don't seem to permit me to do a save of that sort (essentially a "write combi" from Song) though I'm new to Kronos and probably am overlooking something very simple. Thank you for any advice.

I am not sure there is a way to save a Sequence as a Combi, at least when considering the note data in the sequence.

I believe there is a way to make a 'Template' that you could load when wanting to start a new song that would have your sounds/EFX/etc already set up for you.

There is another topic in the forum about this, but the topic starts out different when talking about templates. It seems to steer toward what you may be trying to do.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=753662&sid=998b9841f34701b92fd12142f2917899

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
bizrank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
bizrank wrote:
Hello GregC,

Hi Bill, my typo, sorry. Its SEQ file [ not SEC]

I've managed to take the song from the sequence I mentioned and just save it as a Template, as easy to bring up and use as a COMBI. Thanks once again!
bizrank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Save sequencer song as a Combi? Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
bizrank wrote:
Hello,

I am not sure there is a way to save a Sequence as a Combi, at least when considering the note data in the sequence.

I believe there is a way to make a 'Template' that you could load when wanting to start a new song that would have your sounds/EFX/etc already set up for you.

There is another topic in the forum about this, but the topic starts out different when talking about templates. It seems to steer toward what you may be trying to do.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=753662&sid=998b9841f34701b92fd12142f2917899

Grace,
Harry

Thanks MusicwithHarry. It's a rich thread and points the right way for me, to saving the Song to a Template, which then works nicely as a Combi that I can use to start a new song. (I never wanted the old note data, only the settings, effects, etc., so this does it.)
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Save sequencer song as a Combi? Reply with quote

bizrank wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
bizrank wrote:
Hello,

Grace,
Harry

Thanks MusicwithHarry. It's a rich thread and points the right way for me, to saving the Song to a Template, which then works nicely as a Combi that I can use to start a new song. (I never wanted the old note data, only the settings, effects, etc., so this does it.)

I am glad it will work for you. I do not have a Kronos, but have A LOT of other Korg synths and they all have the ability to create custom Templates.

Good Luck and be safe Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
bizrank

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello GregC,

This is a thread I started along the same lines at Karma-lab, and I'm sending it along with a good solution for your information. Again, thank you very much for all your help. Here's the thread: https://forums.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21947
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: