Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using WavesArt Guitar Suite?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Track 7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Anyone using WavesArt Guitar Suite? Reply with quote

Saw this mentioned in an older thread here:

https://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Guitars%20Suite.html

The video shows Combi mode. Does anyone have demos of just the programs being used in Seq mode? I actually never use Combi mode, so I'm unsure what the difference would be in song mode. Thanks for any descriptions or clips if anyone has any.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone using WavesArt Guitar Suite? Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
The video shows Combi mode. Does anyone have demos of just the programs being used in Seq mode? I actually never use
Combi mode, so I'm unsure what the difference would be in song mode

- All WavesArt EXs libraries are made for real time performing in Combination mode since 10 years , but you can find a simple version of every guitar
in Programs only for sequencer use !

- A real acoustic guitar in advanced sound development needs many articulation like Velocity layers/Round-Robin/slides/glissando/mutes/harmonics
/acoustic body/fret noises and other FX that can't be reproduced at same time in the extremely poor Program mode interface (still as Triton series).
That's why simple Program sounds are used only for the base tone of Guitars and only for Sequencer use.

- Therefore the use of combination mode with many Program timbres & direct control of engine via Karma is the one way method of premium sound
development in VST level , simulating acoustic instruments properly using real time controllers SW/Y/vector/AT/Velocity , due to activate all instrument
articulation at the same Combination Sound for real time live performing.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Block D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have the WavesArt Guitars Suite, together with many of their other products - strings, brass/vocals, organs, vintage synths, pianos etc. I recommend them strongly. For me the richness and realism of WavesArt sounds trumps those of the other Kronos sound providers.

Further, Antony is very helpful and attentive in supporting those (like me) that needed some help in loading the sounds into their Kronos.

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: