Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement PS for K2 73?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tunaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Replacement PS for K2 73? Reply with quote

Anyone have a source for a new replacement power supply for a K2 73? I just went through several pages of an Internet search, without much luck. I figured I’d be better off asking the collective and finding a reputable source.

I think my power supply may be going bad, as I’ve had three unexpected shutdowns recently where it is working fine and then just powers down completely. I can hear a quick electronic blip right as it dies.

First time it happened was at a recent rehearsal. I got it home and let it run for a couple of days straight without issue. It then happened a few weeks later while practicing at my house, and I opened it up and got a monitor plugged in to the SVGA port. I restarted it numerous times, and it always came all the way up to run level 3. I also have left it running for five days straight, with some solo practice time mixed in, and didn’t have a blip.

I was practicing at my house last night with my bass player, and it shut down once more.

Looked like the PS PCB shouldn’t be too hard to replace, so I figure I might as well start there.
Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems some sources like Full Compass have the PS backordered now. There is one on ebay.

I have had similar issues with random shut-downs. Thought it was the power supply or RAM needing re-seated. After re-seating all cables as well, no more shut-downs.
tunaman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sweat. Already re-seated the RAM and cables.

I’ll earmark Full Compass, and look at eBay. I usually steer clear of eBay any more (battle scars), but probably worth keeping an eye on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: