Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New KRONOS2 owner!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: New KRONOS2 owner!!! Reply with quote

Hello Kronos Team,

From today I'm a proud owner of a KRONOS2 61!
After many years I had sold my Triton Extreme 88 it's like I start from the beginning now! Kronos is almost new in everything!!

Regards,
Dimitris
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dimitris,

Congrats on your purchase ! To me, the Kronos is still the most versatile and powerful digital hardware synth/machine. Wish you many years of big fun and music with it. Wink
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if new, try to get the 2 year warranty
Docflick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase, Dimitris!

Kronos is a gift that keeps on giving – a phenomenal workstation. My only advice is to be patient and learn its mysteries ... it is very rewarding in the end!

Since you are coming from the Triton, you will at least understand the Korg way of doing things. I didn't, being a long-time Yamaha guy, so the learning curve was a bit steep. Glad I stuck with it though!
Current: Kronos 61 Titanium, Yamaha Montage 6, Roland Fantom, Dexibell Vivo S7 Pro, MPC Live II; Previous: Kronos 73 SE and 2 88, Yamaha Motif 6, XF, EX5, SY77, DX7 (x2), CP33, Roland JP-50, Alesis QS8
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

After some playing with my new Kronos2 61 I think that something is wrong with velocity curves! The default curve is No.4 but it's impossible to reach beyond 112-113!! If I use velocity curve 5 I can reach 120 but it's more difficult to play smooth. Curve 6 is almost fixed and 7-8-9 doesn't reach 127 either!!
Using external controller such a KAWAI VPC1 works great!!
After contacted with KORG, they checked another KRONOS2 61 and has the same behaviour!! What's happening KORG????

Regards,
Dimitris
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KORG must add a velocity calibration menu, just as the aftertouch calibration.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with your Kronos. If you search, you can find several threads on the topic. One thing I do with certain programs is lower the threshold for the FF layer. On the Oscillator page, you will see ranges for "P, MF, F, FF".

I MIDI'd some other keyboards to the Kronos. I'll quote myself from another thread:

Mike Conway wrote:
psionic311 wrote:
Out of curiosity, can your Oasys keybed reach the max velocity of 127 reasonably well?

Not with the default curve (#4), it's very similar to Kronos. I did some "rat tat tat" key hitting and got these results. I did two recordings of OASYS and Kronos, trying to get higher results on the second take. The Virus TI got one pass and obviously didn't need another.

voip wrote:
Interesting, too, that the attack smoothing on the Kronos does not allow the aftertouch to be instantaneous when the "attack" value is set to 0.

Yes, almost like there could be a certain amount of smoothing going on at the keybed calibration level.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
Hi folks,

After some playing with my new Kronos2 61 I think that something is wrong with velocity curves! The default curve is No.4 but it's impossible to reach beyond 112-113!! If I use velocity curve 5 I can reach 120 but it's more difficult to play smooth. Curve 6 is almost fixed and 7-8-9 doesn't reach 127 either!!
Using external controller such a KAWAI VPC1 works great!!
After contacted with KORG, they checked another KRONOS2 61 and has the same behaviour!! What's happening KORG????

Regards,
Dimitris

First congratulations Dimitri. As it has been said above, the Kronos is probably the most powerful and versatile digital workstation. You will never get to an end with it !
Well, concerning the velocity curve, I woud say it's one of the dowsides of the Kronos.
The reality is : it's impossible to reach all the velocity range (from 0 to 127) inside a single velocity curve.
I've often complain about that, and many Kronos users do too.
It would have not been a great job for Korg to adress this issue - as its only a little piece of software to add -, but they never did and probably won't never do.
So, we have to deal with that, and get around.

One guy has created a MIDI OX velocity converter utility which converts received velocity according to a user curve. The downside is that we must have a PC beside and this curve can't be saved in the Kronos.

Mike gave a tip too.

On my side, as regards the HD-1 Prog, I modify the velocity for each sample layer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: