Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RNDIS driver in Windows 10 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex.lg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: kb4586853 to solve RNDIS problem Reply with quote

Hi,

after installing kb4586853 and selecting USB-RNDIS6-Adapter (as per instruction), the librarian is able to connect to the wavestate again. Hooray!
This even works on Windows 10/2004 (tested).
Did not test this with the Updater, but I asume that schould work also.

Hope this helps... Razz
richardf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: kb4586853 to solve RNDIS problem Reply with quote

alex.lg wrote:
Hi,

after installing kb4586853 and selecting USB-RNDIS6-Adapter (as per instruction), the librarian is able to connect to the wavestate again. Hooray!

Hope this helps... Razz

Thank you very much for the information.
The librarian and the updater (1.04) both are working now.
Finally Christmas is saved Wink
gizmotron

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: kb4586853 to solve RNDIS problem Reply with quote

richardf wrote:
alex.lg wrote:
Hi,

Hope this helps... Razz

Thank you very much for the information.
The librarian and the updater (1.04) both are working now.
Finally Christmas is saved Wink

Me too. It all works now. So the trick is to have just purchased this synth and then go looking until 2:30am, get some sleep, have someone discover the fix the next day, install the Windows upgrade, get the driver loaded and celebrate all in around 12 hours. This is without a doubt a first for me. Some of you have been waiting months.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure if this will help to people or not, but decided I would mention it, as I thought I had this problem on my Windows 10 DAW PC

My new Wavestate had been working nicely over the past three weeks, however over the past few days I have been reconfiguring/rewiring my studio, and now it is all coming back together I was having the usual USB enumeration shenanigans, which I managed to get all resolved, apart from the Wavestate steadfastly not being recognised.

I was getting an unknown USB device in Device Manager with an "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" error message (code 43). I swapped USB ports (I have many USB 2.0 / 3.0 cards in my system. I tried a different cable as well.

Whilst in this state, Wavestate USB MIDI was also not working.

This was causing me to tear my hair out, not that I have much left to tear out these days Wink I was trying all sorts of different things, and wasted a lot of time on it yesterday. I then tried a different cable again (shorter and a different type to the other spare I had first tried), and got to the point where the Wavestate was suddenly back in the "other category" in Device Manager, which allowed me to get the RNDIS driver going again. Swap back to the original cable and I had the same problem.

So it was the cable. The law of Murphy said that when I tried a spare cable the first time it was the exact same type/length as the one I had wired in for the Wavestate.

I then remembered that I had a similar problem with my Line 6 Helix when I was wiring a loom for stage use. The Helix did not like a 6M USB lead (it was constantly connecting/disconnecting in Device Manager) but it was fine on a 5 metre lead.

After just pulling the leads out and checking; the Wavestate possibly has the same problem. The original troublesome lead and first spare I tried were both 6M leads of the same type, but I suspect it is more likely the length of the lead. The Wavestate is happy on a 5M meter lead, so I am now swapping USB leads in the cable looms for the synths. My Prophet X (on the same stand as the Wavestate) is happy with the 6M lead!

As I said at the start, I am not sure if this will help anybody, but thought I would post it here, just in case it does. Smile

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
DiscoDandy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject: RNDIS6 - how??? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm on Win 10 build 20H2 19042.685. I'm having no luck in trying to find this USB-RNDIS6 adapter that will get Wavestate and Librarian back working again.

It's been months now where it's just sat idle.

Wonder if anyone can give me insight into making it work on my machine. Wherever you are in the world - I'll buy you a beer!

Cheers.

Edit: PS - my version won't allow me to download kb4586853, so this is really starting to suck.
DiscoDandy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: RNDIS6 - how??? Reply with quote

DiscoDandy wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm on Win 10 build 20H2 19042.685. I'm having no luck in trying to find this USB-RNDIS6 adapter that will get Wavestate and Librarian back working again.

It's been months now where it's just sat idle.

Wonder if anyone can give me insight into making it work on my machine. Wherever you are in the world - I'll buy you a beer!

Cheers.

Edit: PS - my version won't allow me to download kb4586853, so this is really starting to suck.

Sorry guys - replying to my own post here - I took a plunge, dug into Microsoft's network adapters and used 'USB RNDIS Adapter' despite the dire warnings - and success!!

Works a charm on my Win 20H2 build 19042.685 and the Wavestate and Editor (errm - Librarian) live again! Beer
toniodelyon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Thank you for the information. I'm sorry for the difficulty - and I appreciate your kind words about the instrument!

Just to make sure, are you using the "Rev B" version of the Windows installer? I assume so, but it's good to confirm.

Thanks again,

Dan

Hello
How to fiw this problem ?
Regards
Zaphod Beeblebrox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To select the driver you need to right click the problem device in Device Manager and then perform the following:

Update Driver
Browse My Computer For Drivers
Let Me Pick From A List Of Available Drivers

Network Adapters (then select 'next')

wait for the list to populate, then...

Microsoft
USB RNDIS6 adapter
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Windoze 20H2 update gave me a whole load of issues

• RNDIS driver for Wavestate in an error mode; fixed by the instructions aboce
  • Korg Kronos MIDI driver not recognised, due to the usual MIDI enumeration issue and fixed via the guidance on KVR
  • Steinberg eLicenser errors until you run the license control program in Admin mode
  • EMU 1212 sound card drivers nobbled until you run the fix described onKVR.

I hate major updates!

At least my Nord G2 Modular Editor is still running with no issues!

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
ben34

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: update win 10 20h2 + wavestate Reply with quote

Good morning all

I followed the instructions written in the comments I have correctly installed the USB RNDIS Adapter driver I have no errors. the korg wavestate driver is up to date 1.0.6 again I have no errors
when i run the sound librarian i have an error (unable to connect to the device) why i don't know it's been weeks since i'm looking for the solution i wrote several times to korg to solve this problem but no answer j hope there is someone above who can help me

I thank you in advance

ps sorry I don't speak English I translate it with google
jb58

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: update win 10 20h2 + wavestate Reply with quote

ben34 wrote:
Good morning all

I followed the instructions written in the comments I have correctly installed the USB RNDIS Adapter driver I have no errors. the korg wavestate driver is up to date 1.0.6 again I have no errors
when i run the sound librarian i have an error (unable to connect to the device) why i don't know it's been weeks since i'm looking for the solution i wrote several times to korg to solve this problem but no answer j hope there is someone above who can help me

I thank you in advance

ps sorry I don't speak English I translate it with google

Hi ben32,

We are in the same boat I am afraid ! My Wavestate is not connecting anymore, despite following all instructions to install the 1.06 version . I am on Windows 10 Home version 20H2, build 19042.928, in Dutch language. The only difference I can see between my system and the PDF instructions is the name of my RNDIS driver: it is called "USB RNDIS-adapter" and not "USB RNDIS adapter". That dash would make the difference between working or not ?? Btw. I can do nothing about it, Microsoft names his driver this way...

Best regards,
Janos
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have you seen the tail end of this thread?

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123111

Dan @ Korg refers to instructions being included in the zip download of the driver, so may be worth checking them if you have not already done so?

My Echoes Music Website
jb58

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,

Have you seen the tail end of this thread?

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123111

Dan @ Korg refers to instructions being included in the zip download of the driver, so may be worth checking them if you have not already done so?

Thanks Derek,

I did follow the PDF instructions, and I am not in Windows 10 2004, but 20H2. So it could easily be that Microsoft introduced a new bug Sad...
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janos - I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. We've confirmed that the wavestate works properly with the latest versions of Windows 10. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
1. Does the wavestate appear as a MIDI device?
If so, the USB cable is OK, so on to step 2...
2. Does the wavestate appear in Device manager as an RNDIS device?
If so, the wavestate is connecting as a network device, so on to step 3...
3. Does the wavestate appear as a bonjour device?
For instance, try using one of these tools:
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/zeroconfservicebrowser.html
https://hobbyistsoftware.com/bonjourbrowser
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
jb58

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Janos - I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. We've confirmed that the wavestate works properly with the latest versions of Windows 10. Here are some troubleshooting steps:
1. Does the wavestate appear as a MIDI device?
If so, the USB cable is OK, so on to step 2...
2. Does the wavestate appear in Device manager as an RNDIS device?
If so, the wavestate is connecting as a network device, so on to step 3...
3. Does the wavestate appear as a bonjour device?
For instance, try using one of these tools:
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/zeroconfservicebrowser.html
https://hobbyistsoftware.com/bonjourbrowser

Thank You Dan, I will check these steps and I will report back here !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: