Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honest monitor speakers for Korg Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huffmoby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Honest monitor speakers for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Hello, recently I have been enjoying working with the kronos. However, I've always been listening to the playbacks of my recordings via headphones. I also happen to have a scarlett 18i8 with me.

I'm planning to buy a monitor speaker for my studio but I'm a bit worried that the sounds they produce might not sound as "clean" and detailed as when I am using my headphones.

I'm looking for studio monitor speakers that can produce "honest" sounds for my kronos. At least, as close as I can get to when I'm listening to kronos sounds through my headphones.

Any recommendations? (Assume budget independent)

Thank you!
davc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trying to get/find studio monitors that sound similar to my quality studio headphones ( Focal , older upper end Sony ... both around $400 ) ... ;
has been a nearly impossible task , having tried many brands/sizes,.. always with a sub ...

there are just so many variables in every situation / studio space / room acoustics , ... that saying brand 'X' sounds good for me , is fairly meaningless for someone else .. !!?! headphones remove those issues ... i also use a tactile sub with my headphones , so i don't blast to much bass straight into my head .. !

i'd say , read the specs ( with a grain of salt ) , read reviews , listen inperson if you can ( they'll sound different in your studio ) , purchase the best you can afford ... then trial and error with placement and room dampening is next !
Purgatory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Honest monitor speakers for Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Huffmoby wrote:
Hello, recently I have been enjoying working with the kronos. However, I've always been listening to the playbacks of my recordings via headphones. I also happen to have a scarlett 18i8 with me.

I'm planning to buy a monitor speaker for my studio but I'm a bit worried that the sounds they produce might not sound as "clean" and detailed as when I am using my headphones.

I'm looking for studio monitor speakers that can produce "honest" sounds for my kronos. At least, as close as I can get to when I'm listening to kronos sounds through my headphones.

Any recommendations? (Assume budget independent)

Thank you!

The most important parts are :-

1. What's your realistic budget for the monitors and do you want a subwoofer too. (saying budget independant doesn't help, as I can price you monitors that will cost you over half a million pounds, so realistic budget needed)

2. What size room are you in.
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous comments about room, budget etc, but overall I think it's fair to say that reasonable monitors will always provide a more honest representation of your music than headphones. I can only think of one successful album that was monitored entirely on headphones, and that was a one-hit wonder over here in the UK that was just part of a short-lived dance genre back in the 90s. I'm struggling to remember the guy's name...

The good news is that there are plenty of decent monitors around, and that you don't always need to spend a lot of money to own them. Adam and Yamaha are two of many names to throw into the hat. Yamaha monitors have the reputation of being brutally honest in their response, and that's not a bad thing to be faced with.

People will often give you strong recommendations for one particular brand, based on the monitors they own and understandably love. Generally, though, you should find yourself with plenty of choice in what is now a high-quality and competitive market - you shouldn't go too wrong with whatever you choose, providing you do a little due diligence first of all.
aloirmolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advise Yamaha Hs8, I have a pair of Hs8 and a pair of Hs5 and I am very satisfied. Smile
2x Yamaha Hs8 2x Yamaha Hs5
Mesa Behringer Q1002USB
Placa M-Audio FastTrackPro
PC- I7 9700k SSD 2Tb
Controlador Alesis QX49
Sybthogy Ivori Grand Pianos
Sybthogy Ivori American Grand
Sybthogy Ivori Upright Pianos
Sybthogy Ivori Italian Grand
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expensive but Great QSC K10.2 They are powered 2000W and each speaker can even double as a very good Guitar or bass amp

You wont get the quality that you get from your headphones or the Paas Speaker which makes me wonder why Korg didnt make independant stand alone Paas which would have answered a lot of problems. No one like the graet lump hanging on the bACK OF THE KEYBOARD.

i HOPE kORG TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT ON THE NEXT MODEL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: