Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome went kaput!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblument

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Krome went kaput! Reply with quote

After about two months of nothing but wonderful performance from my new Korg Krome-88, two days ago my screen went all pixelated and no buttons would do anything. I turned the machine off, and when I turned it back on again, I got the following message: "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system Loading appication Failed ..... " I tried reinstalling the operating system from an SD card, but the system would not read it. I finally had to take it in to be repaired, because a Korg tech thought it was probably an internal hardware issue. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?
morty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Krome went kaput! Reply with quote

rblument wrote:
After about two months of nothing but wonderful performance from my new Korg Krome-88, two days ago my screen went all pixelated and no buttons would do anything. I turned the machine off, and when I turned it back on again, I got the following message: "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system Loading appication Failed ..... " I tried reinstalling the operating system from an SD card, but the system would not read it. I finally had to take it in to be repaired, because a Korg tech thought it was probably an internal hardware issue. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

I had a problem with my Krome 88 when using a older SD formatted card
to store a song I recorded.My Krome went ballastic in some patches with a terrible distortion issue...it wasnt til I factory restored everything, it was back to normal.Never used that card again but cant be sure that was the problem.Freaky!
prathmesh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Korg krome system loading error Reply with quote

Read a system from SD Card and Run the system Loading appication Failed...
Im facing the same problem please if you can help me....facing ths frm last 1yr...
Info@prathmeshbhatt.com
Prathmeshbhatt@gmail.com
JeffersonX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Krome went kaput! Reply with quote

rblument wrote:

Did you try create a new internal micro SD card? Many problems like this one and piano/drum popping and cutting are solved by creating a new micro SD card. You will need download the KORG Krome operational system from Internet , a program for reading IMG file and writing it on micro SD card, and a new micro SD card. I suggest you to create with Sandisk Ultra micro SD card.

Just remove all screws from the back and remove the cover. You will see a socket with a Micro SD Card by SanMax inserted into it. With careful push the metallic cover for unlocking the SD card. Remove the SD card and insert the new one. Lock it and put the back cover and screws again. Power on your Krome and cross your fingers :-p

This tutorial could help you with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UklBlyblqmk

The problem is the original micro SD card corrupts and sometimes the transfer rate decrease. I suggested you to create a new SD card with Sandisk Ultra because it delivers a transfer rate higher than a normal class 10 SD card. It is original designed for full HD video cameras.
Mohnish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject: "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system" ER Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Korg Krome 61, and it gives me an error message on start up "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system"
"Loading application Failed .....".
Please help me fix this. How was your issue fixed with this error?
Thank you.
Mohnish Grover
+91 97820 66926 [/u]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: