Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question R.E. 2011 Korg Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiloTheChooch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Question R.E. 2011 Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Howdy all. Joined today as I just bought a used first gen Kronos 73 from a mate who hasn't used the keyboard more than 3 times in total. This board has basically sat in his storage room, in it's original box, untouched for almost 10 years.

I'd like to update the firmware/software because everything currently inside this Gen 1 Kronos hasn't been touched at all since the day he bought it. Since he bought it in 2011 when it first released, I'm sure there have been more than a few updates that I need in order to make it work seamlessly in a DAW recording environment and for live applications.

Does anyone know where I can find a link to this Gen 1 Kronos' version's updates. Further; what is necessary to update this keyboard to the latest/greatest firmware, e.t.c...

I don't want to take a chance spelunking around the net for something myself without experienced advice, since I'm not sure what might get damaged internally if I download updates intended only for newer versions of the Kronos. Is it just a case of plugging the thing in via USB to my 'puter and I'll be prompted to update the best versions, or are there some added bells and whistles I need to get first?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Cheers Smile
Piotr1967

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restore DVD - https://www.korg.com/jp/support/download/link/0/84/3020/
System update 3.1.3 - https://www.korg.com/jp/support/download/software/0/84/693/
Subsystem update 6.06 - https://www.korg.com/jp/support/download/manual/0/84/4237/

100% verified

Regards Smile
Akai Synthstation 49 + iPad 3 (synth apps)
Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely, it is unnecessary to Restore. I only suggest installing System update 3.1.3 and Subsystem firmware 6.06. Above links from Korg Japan are good, but English may be easier for you here.
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/84/
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, some older Kronos units have a 30 GB SSD and sometimes just 2 GB of RAM. Depending on your needs and what you will do later (for example if you plan adding several sound libraries), you might at some point think to max the RAM at 4 GB and/or add another SSD. Or you might also feel your new Kronos will be just fine in terms of hardware for the use you plan to do with it.
MiloTheChooch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff fellaz, thanks heaps for the advice. Much appreciated. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: