Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soft case for PA4X 61 Recommendations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Soft case for PA4X 61 Recommendations Reply with quote

I'm looking to cut down on the weight of the gear I've been hauling to gigs. I've been using hardshell SKB flight cases, but that's been overkill for most of the gigs I play, where a soft case with a decent amount of padding would be enough.

I'm finding it hard to find a case that matches the PA4X 61's measurements. I'd like one that the keyboard fits snugly into, without room to bounce around in the case. I don't intend to keep anything other than the keyboard itself in the main part of the case, so room for pedals/cables/etc. is a negative. An external pocket for a power cable and sustain pedal would be great, though.

What are you all using? Any recommendations?

Thank you!
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Soft case for PA4X 61 Recommendations Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
I'm looking to cut down on the weight of the gear I've been hauling to gigs. I've been using hardshell SKB flight cases, but that's been overkill for most of the gigs I play, where a soft case with a decent amount of padding would be enough.

I'm finding it hard to find a case that matches the PA4X 61's measurements. I'd like one that the keyboard fits snugly into, without room to bounce around in the case. I don't intend to keep anything other than the keyboard itself in the main part of the case, so room for pedals/cables/etc. is a negative. An external pocket for a power cable and sustain pedal would be great, though.

Thank you!
Hi,
I have a Pa4X 61 and I use Groove Pak soft case for local performances. I also have a hard case for gigging out of state.
It's perfect for Pa4X 61 for local gigs.
Not heavy, compact (perfect for Pa4X 61), good protection, affordable price and comes with wheels.
I bought already 3 of them since 2015.

Here is the link: Groove Pak 61
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hard shell case always seems like overkill until someone drops a speaker on top of your case..!

SKB type hard plastic cases weigh very little more than a decent well padded soft case, and lasts years longer. Not to mention, are completely waterproof (ever been caught in a thunderstorm?)…
DESERT GUY

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: Soft case for PA4X 61 Recommendations Reply with quote

For the past number of years I have been using the Gator GKB-61 padded case for both my PA3X and now my PA4X. We did add a 3 inch thick piece of heavy duty foam the same size as the case opening, then my wife made a nice heavy duty piece of fabric to cover the entire piece of foam. After the arranger is laying it the case, I place that piece of foam on top of the arranger to protect the entire top side of it, then zip the cover closed and it's worked well for me.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy with my SKB hard case.

Use their search function for case model

https://www.skbcases.com/music/
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several good options, however...
Be certain that when you put the keyboard in the case, or bag, that you add foam padding to protect the joystick. It takes a very small hit to damage the joystick. I have replaced two on 4X and one on the 1000, and I'm being careful.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Soft case for PA4X 61 Recommendations Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:

Thank you!

Oddly, enough, I have found great success with the Rockville cases. I have two of them for various 61-key keyboards I take on gigs. It is a semi-rigid case with wheels and it works very well. It is tough as you can get without getting a hard case, in my opinion.

Here is the link - https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/best-bag-61/

I have a number of cases and things from them and I think that while everything I have gotten from them works well, the cases (keyboard, rack, and otherwise) seem to be their shining products.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: