Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting user sounds on pa4x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadyabnm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject: Exporting user sounds on pa4x Reply with quote

How can I export 1 user sound (which is attached to user samples and multi samples) on my korgpa4x to a usb so I Can share with a friend?

Thanks,
Sadya
fResH_
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a multisample you want to export. Do following, but you wont get the performance effects with it only the multisample is being exported.

press Sound button.. then press record.. Then press menu then press multisample, scroll down and find the m.sample.. Press upper right corner of the screen so you get the popup widnow.. Press export and chooce now location to usb-F and save..

Another maybe easier way.. effects of the performance comes with it.
Save your set first,
Make a clean reset of all multisamples.m (Press sound button > Record button > press Upper right corner on screen > Choose delete > Popup widnow appear = choose 3th option all samples multisamples etc.) Now exit and go back to style play mode.

If you have a empty set that cleans the pages.. load it!
Now load the sound from your set you saved to a location in the user banks, and load performance bank for the sound.

Save it and send it.

"Its not how good you are, its the impression you leave behind."
Sadyabnm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Matthew!
I knew of the first option you mentioned.
What if I have a few multi samples linked to one sound?
Can I manually export each multi sample into a manually created folder, then manually copy and save the sound bank to that folder as well? Will the sound then automatically link with those exported multi samples if I were to load it into another korg arranger?
How do the pros that sell custom sounds for arrangers create a set that I purchase and load into my korg?

Thanks,
Sadya
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need use Save Option.
Media -> Save -> All -> Open -> Sound -> Open -> USER01 (if your sound is there) -> Open, then find your sound and select -> Save To chose USB, then NEW SET, then Rename for your Choice and follow the screen.
If you wanna save entire Bank, then use Save To before open.

Good Luck Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Sadyabnm

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
When I do that, the keyboard only generates a sound file without a multi sample (kmp) and PCM folders.
When I load a custom sound into my keyboard, the set always comes with a kmp and pcm folder. Wondering how to create such a set so I can share my custom sounds with a friend.

Thanks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to share a very simple custom sound , the only way is to export specific multisample as KSF samples with KMP container but most
of times is useless since PCG info is very important for overall sound character , especially if under serious sound development like velocity layers
and articulations where multiple multisamples must be exported like stereo pairs etc and SOUND must be made from scratch , not to mention
the case of FX and KBD SET sound synthesis where more than 2 sounds are used to create the complete instrument emulation as I do in my
commercial sound libraries!

The only way to save specific complete resources is via utilities like PaManager but there is a tricky way to save only the complete Sound you want
with PCG info PCM & KSC in SET format that fResH_ has mentioned briefly but you did not understood so I'll try to describe it in more details
for all Pa end users:

Workflow
- Explore sound you want to share , see if the complete instrument form is in KBD SET mode with two or more different sounds that you have to
save , and note KBD SET & SOUND positions that you have to recall later while browsing your SET resources !
- Save ALL your current SET (very important)
- While at SOUND mode , press Record and from screen upper menu select "delete all samples and multisamples"
(this will delete all your custom samples only)
- Go to Media , open your saved current.SET - open SOUND - open Bank/s find Sound/s you want to share and load it/them
(this will load only samples of specific sound/s).
- Go to Media again , select Save All , and check only "sampling data" PCM at a new MyFriend.SET (this will save only samples)
- Go to Media again , select Save , open SOUND/open Bank/find and click on specific Sound/s and save it/them one by one at MyFriend.SET
- Select Save again , go back , open KEYBOARDSET/bank/ find specific KBD SET that host sound/s and also save it at MyFriend.SET
- Done , load your current.SET and your SET is back again

Send MyFriend.SET to your friend and tell him to just open SET/SOUND/Bank and load only specific sound/s he will find there (in default position/s if
you also have KBS SET file in PCG) and also to open KEYBOARD SET/Bank/ and load the one KBD SET there anywhere he likes.
This will not disturb his custom SET and will only add new samples.

This is a procedure that all Pa User must note and recall in similar cases.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Sadyabnm

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for taking the time to
Explain in detail to me!
I understand now what I need to do.
It’s a bit annoying that I need to delete all my samples in order to do this.

Thanks,
Sadya
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: User samples in user sounds of SET folders Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
- Go to Media again , select Save All , and check only "sampling data" PCM at a new MyFriend.SET (this will save only samples)
- Go to Media again , select Save , open SOUND/open Bank/find and click on specific Sound/s and save it/them one by one at MyFriend.SET ...

Hello Anthony,

does not following procedure save all necessary data (Sound + Multismp + PCM) of usersounds to MyFriend.SET:
- MEDIA selecting "Open" SOUND, "Open" UserNN.PCG and "Save" specific sounds one by one ? -

If it is necessary to go to Media for separately saving only sampling data (PCM), how will be saved Multisamples separately (folder MULTISMP) in MyFriend.set? Or maybe marking "User Samples" will save Multismp + PCM?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadyabnm wrote:

It’s a bit annoying that I need to delete all my samples in order to do this.

It's completely irrelevant , you save your SET , do the job , load back your SET , do you feel bored to waste 2 minutes due to save and load back your set ?
Then purchase PaManager and devote some hours to learn how to achieve that instead ...

siebenhirter , Just follow my tricky workflow and do not ask for further details , I've already devoted much time ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Sadyabnm

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Share a single sound Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
.. do not ask for further details , I've already devoted much time ...

Hallo Anthony,
your workflow is ok and I thank for your infos - I also respect your wish not to invest too much time here.
Is there anyone else who can help me with an answer of simple questions:
With Media using SAVE ALL with marked "User Samples" will these commands save sampling data of both folders MULTISMP and PCM to a SET-Folder?
With Media using LOAD of one single sound with samples from a soundbank of a SET, will automatically be searched for its sample data in folders Multisamples and PCM of this set, to update internal memory with these data for the loaded single sound?

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. With Media using SAVE ALL with marked "User Samples" will these commands save sampling data of both folders MULTISMP and PCM to a SET-Folder?
2. With Media using LOAD of one single sound with samples from a soundbank of a SET, will automatically be searched for its sample data in folders Multisamples and PCM of this set, to update internal memory with these data for the loaded single sound?

1. You must select the MULTISMP and PCM as well as the SOUNDS when saving.
2. Correct!! Sample will load when you load a single SOUND from a SET

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: User samples in user sounds of SET folders Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

1. You must select the MULTISMP and PCM as well as the SOUNDS when saving.
2. Correct!! Sample will load when you load a single SOUND from a SET

Thank you karmathanever!

In menue "Save all user" it is not possible to select Multismp an PCM separately but only to select "User Samples".

So of course it is important to know whether all data for the sounds - i.e. both of the two subfolders Multismp and PCM with its Samples assigned to Multisamples - are saved together in such a way that the user sounds are completed correctly when loaded from a SET.

If for loading User-Sounds from a SET it must contain subfolders SOUND, MULTISMP and PCM - the same also is necessary to create such a SET with SAVE ALL USER with these properties, but Korg has not published that satisfactorily how to do this.

But at least here in the forum it can be published, so that irrelevant questions do not arise again and again when it comes to handle User-Sounds with User-Samples.

As important as it is to get a workflow also it seems to be important to understand the context of what happens with the individual steps - and shouldn't be a secret if one ask about it.

If a user want to know what a certain workflow is causing on his instrument it should also be possible to receive this information somewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: