Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Template Multis vs. 200 Multis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
midihead7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Template Multis vs. 200 Multis Reply with quote

Question I've had a Triton Rack for years but never used the Multi Mode until now. The manual says there are 200 Multi locations but also says we can save 16 Template Multis. I'm confused as to the difference. I see that there are 16 user locations for the Template Multis that we create. How can we have 200 Multis if there are only 16 user locations? It appears that we save the Template Multis under Utility in Multi Mode. I also see that we can save Multis in Disk mode. I'd appreciate your help in breaking this down so that I understand how to save and utilize 200 Multis. Many thanks!
Barberry

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look up on YouTube. Templates are something that we are all using without realizing. I've recently started learning things about design and I must admit that free templates are saving me up a lot of time. I know that one day I will be able to work without them, but at the moment, they are a lifesaver. I am constantly looking for new things to learn in order to make sure that I am getting better and better. Having friends that are willing to help me is an important factor since I am able to ask them many questions.

Last edited by Barberry on Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on reading www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/220/1663, I would say a Multi is like a Sequence on a keyboard Triton, except without note data. You can create a new Multi based on a Template Multi. A Template Multi appears to be the same as a Song Template on a keyboard Triton.

Personally I never use the song templates. If I wanna create a new sequence based on an existing sequence, I just copy it. Similarly you could just create a new multi based on an existing multi. I wouldn't bother with the template multis - they probably seemed like a good idea at the time but didn't really end up being particular useful.

Also, I believe 200 is the maximum number of Multis you can have loaded into the Triton Rack in memory at the same time. Said a other way, a single .SNG file can hold up to 200 Multis. Of course you can have as many Multis as you want stored across multiple SNG files. And like sampler data, you need to load the SNG file(s) every time you power up the rack. And you need to save the Multis to a .SNG file if you have edited them before you power down the rack.

FYI - Many keyboard Triton users use sequencer mode with no note data in the same manner as multi, when using the keyboard as a sound module or for live performance, since track configuration, programs, MIDI settings, panning, mixing, effects, etc. can be all saved and recalled, and this is the only mode that also supports RPPR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: