Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought a Pa1000. I think it may be a mistake.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigJohn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Just bought a Pa1000. I think it may be a mistake. Reply with quote

I have just bought a Pa1000 (a week ago), and I am really struggling in so many ways.
It seems to be a good keyboard, but Korgs absolutely bad Owners Manual and Quick Guide are no help at all except in the most simple way.

These are my current sticking points:-
1. How can I do an individual octave change? All instrument settings change at once whereas it is necessary to be able to vary them.
2. Where do I alter EQ settings. Everybody says how much that can improve the sound of the keyboard. (It's certainly true of the Tyros).
3. How to delete a song?
4. How to create and access a personal Set List, such as Jazz, Ballroom, John's Set List.
4a. And how to recover them.
I5. I've done a backup to USB, but now found it locked for backing up again.

Neither the Quick Guide not the Owners Manual are any help.

I would appreciate any guidance please. (I have just 7 days left before I return it for a refund).
John.
keyboardbill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I bought a PA1000 about 2 months ago and like you, went thru some frustration trying to do what I consider basic changes of functions.

Now, I am well on my way understanding how to make things happen. The PA1000 is amazing in that you have lots of control - it just takes time.

I can assure you based upon my experience (I came from owning Rolands for years), the PA1000 is really good.

I will get back to you with responses to your questions - all can be done.

Also, I received excellent guidance from folks on this forum - they are very helpful!

Hang in there!

Bill
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: video manuel Reply with quote

did you look at this

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=korg+pa1000+-+manuel+vid%C3%A9o+

video manuel
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owning any new keyboard no matter what make or model, for just one week, is hardly enough time to unbox it, check it out to make sure it works and is not damaged. It looks like that you do not like reading but don’t worry, duby2 has given you the answer with his post and pointed you to the tutorials that will surely solve all of your mentioned problems. Easily. It just takes more than one week.

Take it one day at a time, listen to the DEMO songs and then just PLAY. Keep PLAYING. You will soon be well pleased with the sound of your Pa1000.

By the way here in the UK, don’t know about other countries, our CONSUMER RIGHTS say that we have ample time to return goods that we are not happy with. Certainly far longer than your two weeks stated. Check it out.

Good luck
BigJohn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, Duby2 and taichi for your kind comments.
I'll be viewing those videos ASAP Duby2, and I have to say that playing the Pa1000 is already a pleasure.
But the operating system was designed by gnomes.

I am going to persevere.
What really annoyed me (which led me to my first message in this forum) is that the music shop people are unable to help as they're new to Korg. That is unacceptable.

I will probably be back with more lack of understanding, so be kind.

My Regards to you all,
John.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Manuals for Pa1000 Reply with quote

BigJohn wrote:
... bought a Pa1000 (a week ago), and I am really struggling in so many ways. .......Korgs absolutely bad Owners Manual and Quick Guide are no help at all except in the most simple way...

Hi John,
the more extensive and varied the functions of a keyboard, the more complicated the instrument appears after it has been purchased. Where all the functions of a new instrument can be operated immediately and in a logically recognizable manner, most of the features and extended functions that can be found in a Pa1000 are definitely missing.

If you are looking for a specific function for the first time, the manual appears confusing at first, so a little patience is required. If you do not want to read through the entire manual once, you can also get an overview of individual topics step by step.

BigJohn wrote:
... I would appreciate any guidance please. ...I have just 7 days left before I return it for a refund ...

Even after viewing the videos listed, it is illusory to acquire specific information and knowledge about the relatively extensive functions of the Pa1000 within a week.

A complex technical device (with extensive software sound / style and sample editors) cannot be expected to be able to operate it intuitively. This may be possible if you already had a previous model with similar controls an OS - such as when switching from Android smartphones, but hardly if you buy the first keyboard from another brand / series (I think to expect that - this is a mistake).

BigJohn wrote:
... the operating system was designed by gnomes .... the music shop people are unable to help as they're new to Korg. That is unacceptable. ....

I also have some isolated criticisms of the OS of Pa1000, but I still don't share your opinion that it was designed by gnomes. The same applies to employees of all music shops, where sales staff there have not dealt intensively with the devices themselves, so they will at best be able to help you with your questions with assistance in the manual.

BigJohn wrote:
... Neither the Quick Guide not the Owners Manual are any help.... These are my current sticking points: ... (octave, equalize, delete song, set list, backup) ..

Maybe Quick Guide and Owners Manual could be improved - at least as a first aid, they are already useful:
Open the owners manual of Pa1000 and try to search and find:
- insert "octave" to search for, you get Info: Part IV, page 148, Transposing the Upper Sounds to a different octave
where you get informations how to change octaves of all upper sounds
- press F3 to search next for "octave" - you get Info: page 171, Octave transpose and fine tuning
where you get informations how to change octaves of upper sounds individually
- insert "equalize" to search for, you get Info: page 168, Equalizing the Sounds
where you get informations how each sound can be equalized individually
- insert "delete song" to search for, you get Info: page 131, to move or delete songs from the selected Set List page
- insert "set list" to search for, you get Info: page 129, Creating and editing the Set Lists
- insert "backup" to search for, you get Info: page 947 ff , Backing up and restoring musical resources and managing Media data depends on how what kind of safety copies you made of your data (page 8 ff - Full resoruce backup, Save all, Resource restore, Load ..)
- etc...

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: