Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stepping the wave sequence without sample retriggering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnwayner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Stepping the wave sequence without sample retriggering Reply with quote

I'm curious if there is a way to have the wave sequence for a layer run through its steps without re-triggering a sample every step.

What got me thinking about this was an attempt to play a longer sample and apply shape lane volume(amp) changes to the long playing (or looping) sample. The timing lane has Gate style steps which will allow a sample to continue without re-triggering, but it stops all lanes from stepping in that layer as well.

I realize I could use the amp lfo and some mod settings to give me a performance (non-programmed) method of triggering shape changes while playing in real-time. But I'm mostly trying to zero in on the capabilities of the machine with regard to the wave sequences.

Another idea I had, but also doesn't seem possible, was to have the sample re-trigger with each step, but with different offsets to progress through the sample -- sort of simulating the sample continuing without a re-trigger.

One other thing I tried was to trick the wavestate into playing sample steps with "None" as the sample. Normally the sequence will refuse to step if any of the sample steps is missing a sample, but if you change the start/end to include those steps after playing and holding a note key, it will include those "None" sample steps -- and trigger a "sample" of noise (perhaps random memory??). So that didn't do what I wanted either.

At this point I'm fairly certain that every step of a wave sequence will result in a sample being played from its start (or small offset), but figured I'd ask here in case I missed something.

Thanks for reading all this Smile
-Wayne
ThomasVB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean, you could try to Xfade it so the attack from the retriggering is somewhat less noticeble. I tried this before I realized the existence of 'gate' in the timing lane and it might work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: