Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cue mode for the Intros and Endings are Not available

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BR
Platinum Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Posts: 1313
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject: Cue mode for the Intros and Endings are Not available Reply with quote

This is about Pa4X 61keys international (OS version 3).
I need to edit the Cue mode of one of my Intro in Style mode but I realized that this option
is not available (greyed out) for Intros and Endings in Style edit mode, so we can not select and change it.

Do I miss some thing?
Please advise if there is any workaround.

Thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karmathanever
Platinum Member


Joined: 12 Jan 2004
Posts: 9372
Location: Australia (Oz !!)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BR

Cue Mode is only available for VARIATION and FILL style elements.
There's no workaround I can think of....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
_________________
------------------------------------------------------------------
## Please stay safe ##
------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BR
Platinum Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Posts: 1313
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi BR

Cue Mode is only available for VARIATION and FILL style elements.
There's no workaround I can think of....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Thanks Pete.
It's a shame.
I am wondering and curious what is the reason that we cannot use Cue mode for Intros and only possible for Variations and Fills.
Actually I have an Intro that I use at the beginning of a song and I need to reuse it a second time in the middle of the same song but
when I hit the Intro button there is a delay and it start at Next measure.

Thanks anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
siebenhirter
Platinum Member


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Reuse Intro without empty measures at begin Reply with quote

BR wrote:
.. I have an Intro that I use at the beginning of a song and I need to reuse it a second time in the middle of the same song but
when I hit the Intro button there is a delay and it start at Next measure ...


With intros these are no real delays within the rhythmic style sequence, but empty measures or precounter before begin of the intro.
For reusing intros therefore it is necessary to change or delete such leading bars - done so, intros are usable like variations/fills and its cue-mode per default is "next measure, first measure".
_________________
kind regards
- siebenhirter, austria -

interesting: how to use style player features -> http: www.elmarherz.de
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BR
Platinum Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Posts: 1313
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reuse Intro without empty measures at begin Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
BR wrote:
.. I have an Intro that I use at the beginning of a song and I need to reuse it a second time in the middle of the same song but
when I hit the Intro button there is a delay and it start at Next measure ...


With intros these are no real delays within the rhythmic style sequence, but empty measures or precounter before begin of the intro.
For reusing intros therefore it is necessary to change or delete such leading bars - done so, intros are usable like variations/fills and its cue-mode per default is "next measure, first measure".

Thanks siebenhirter for your suggestion.
I'll check the intro to see if there is any empty measures or precounter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant


Joined: 17 Nov 2002
Posts: 856
Location: http://pasongstyles.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
karmathanever wrote:
Hi BR

Cue Mode is only available for VARIATION and FILL style elements.
There's no workaround I can think of....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Thanks Pete.
It's a shame.
I am wondering and curious what is the reason that we cannot use Cue mode for Intros and only possible for Variations and Fills.
Actually I have an Intro that I use at the beginning of a song and I need to reuse it a second time in the middle of the same song but
when I hit the Intro button there is a delay and it start at Next measure.

Thanks anyway.



The solution:
Edit the style, copy your intro's cv1 into cv2
(if already another cv2 exists,then you will have to erase it or use another intro or ending to place your intro)

Assuming there was no other cv2, if you successfully copied your cv1 into cv2,now it's time to erase the bars you don't need from cv2.

After you cut off all the bars you don't need, we have to trigger cv2 somehow.
So, go to ''chord table & variation'' tab and change the (1+5) for example to use cv2 for your intro.
Now each time you press a major or minor chord your intro will start as usuall,but if when you play a no 3rd chord,it will play the cv2.


isn't that cool?
_________________



https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BR
Platinum Member


Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Posts: 1313
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:

The solution:
Edit the style, copy your intro's cv1 into cv2
(if already another cv2 exists,then you will have to erase it or use another intro or ending to place your intro)

Assuming there was no other cv2, if you successfully copied your cv1 into cv2,now it's time to erase the bars you don't need from cv2.

After you cut off all the bars you don't need, we have to trigger cv2 somehow.
So, go to ''chord table & variation'' tab and change the (1+5) for example to use cv2 for your intro.
Now each time you press a major or minor chord your intro will start as usuall,but if when you play a no 3rd chord,it will play the cv2.


isn't that cool?

Thanks korg1 for your suggestion.

I checked my Intro in Style record mode and there is no empty measures, it plays back perfectly on time as soon as I hit the Start button.
I have to test and try again by playing it in Style play mode.
Your idea is good to know, I will take it in consideration for future editing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
siebenhirter
Platinum Member


Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
.. solution: ...each time you press a major or minor chord your intro will start as usuall, but if when you play a no 3rd chord,it will play the cv2.....isn't that cool?


Although this solution has been around for more than 10 years, I believe that only a few users use the StyleRecorder's edit features such as "Cut" and "CopyFromStyle".

How one can use the Intros of a style as additional variations, I have described using the example of "Beat Schlager1" (Pa500Musikant) in the German forum, where you get the description of the procedure (in German) and the style are available for download (https: / /forum.korg.de/index.php?t=msg&th=14833&goto=67703)

With this solution I copied a sequence from Intro1-CV1 to Intro2-CV2. The first measure I cleared because of its rests / counters, which would cause an interruption in the current style.

The remaining sequence was saved in 8 bars, so that on Intro2 after double pressing the button (LED blinking) a 4-bar (all chords) or 8-bar variation (chord No 3rd) can be played in the current style.
_________________
kind regards
- siebenhirter, austria -

interesting: how to use style player features -> http: www.elmarherz.de
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group