Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Triton Extreme bugfix/feature requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Triton Extreme bugfix/feature requests Reply with quote

1. Add media mode preferences directory/file display sorting and presentation options.

Media mode:
√ file sort option
• by name
• by date/time
- created
- last modified
• by size
• ascending / descending
√ timestamp option
• YYYY-MM-DD
• MM/DD/YYYY
• DD/MM/YYYY

Previously, whenever I would create a new file on my compact flash in the root directory, it would save it at the bottom. Easy to find, easy to access. Now whenever I now save a new sequence or sample .WAV file, it places it in a random location within the root directory.

It's strange. The date time stamp is correct. The battery for the calendar is fine. It's not by date. It's not by name. The file sort order just seems random. Perhaps it's reusing a file location from a file that I previously deleted from that directory? IDK.

CF format=MS-DOS
TE OS=1.0.6

P.S. A workaround fix would be welcome instead of an actual OS update. 😊
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errm, the Triton Extreme is discontinued, so no longer supported.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Errm, the Triton Extreme is discontinued, so no longer supported.

I know Rolling Eyes Maybe some day there will be an open source Triton OS project.

Okay I understand the behavior now. I would call it a file management bug. The problem starts when you delete files from a directory. The location pointers of deleted files (invisible to the user) are retained in the directory. Rather than putting a new file at the end of the directory, it puts it in the first available slot from any previously deleted files.

e.g. starting with a new directory you save the following sequence files in the order listed:

A.SNG
B.SNG
C.SNG
D.SNG
E.SNG

Now you go to media>utility and delete B.SNG so you have:

A.SNG
C.SNG
D.SNG
E.SNG

Now you work on a new song and save the new sequence file F.SNG. Here's where it will go in the directory:

A.SNG
F.SNG
C.SNG
D.SNG
E.SNG

This behavior may not be an issue when you have a few files in a directory, but when you've got 100 files in a single directory, and if you've ever deleted any files from that directory, you'll be scratching your head searching for new files you create within that directory.

Things get really messed up after deleting lots of files for clean up which is what I had done a few months ago. Any new file won't be created at the end of the directory until you have repopulated the directory with the same number of new files as you had deleted.

Using subdirectories, minimizing the number files per directory, and understanding this consequence of deleting files will help keep things in order.

Incidentally, I have experienced some SD card corruption in the past when a card is used with the Triton Extreme for file transfer with an android device or PC. In the course of use, at some point the android device or PC would not recognize the card. The Triton could recognize the card and I was able to retrieve some of the files by copying them to compact flash. I was also able to reformat the card using the Triton. I now use one SD card only as a means of file transport on the Triton, not for long-term storage or archival purposes. A few months ago I tried a strategy of not deleting any of the files I copied to the card, and I have not since had a problem with SD card corruption. It may be related to this file management bug. The workaround fix so far seems to be to only write or copy files to an SD card used on a Triton Extreme, but never delete them, not from any device.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feature request:

• Store RPPR patterns from source sequence as part of saved User Template Song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: