Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG DS3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONFOLL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: KORG DS3200 Reply with quote

When trying to make an export file to pass tracks to a computer, I get a message "this file name already in use" when none exists with the same name. The problem appears in any attempt to export one or more tracks, even with different names. What is happening? What could be the problem? And what is the solution? Thank you very much.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be an uncommon issue, although the manual does list the "filename is already in use" error message. Things to consider are that files of the same name may exist as hidden files, or are used as system files. The most obvious system filenames are those having TEMP in the filename, but there will be others. The manual states that long filenames are not supported, so need to follow the 8.3 format, i.e. 8 characters for the filename and 3 for the file extension. Allowed characters are capital letters A-Z, underscore, and numerals 1-9 (0 [zero] is not included in the list, nor hyphen). I'm surprised about 0 not being included!

Have filenames that are similar already been used and deleted? Deletion doesn't delete the filename, just replaces the first character with $. You won't be able to see the filename, but the system will, and could get confused, especially if the following has also happened.

Has the power to the D3200 been removed, or the USB connection lost, before a file write operation has fully completed, in which case file allocation table corruption may have occurred. Does the "drive error occurred" message appear from time to time? Re-formatting the drive may be the solution, although a full format could take 7 hours. Only the D3200's formatting utility should be used for this. Re-formatting will remove any "deleted" filename remnants from the FAT. A quick re-format should do this.

TONFOLL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the advice of Voip I have formatted the disk in quick option and the same problem still appears. I have several doubts: Could it be an operating system problem? If I do a full format could it be solved? If the entire disk is formatted, will I have to load the operating system again? I have a copy of the system obtained through the SAVE SYSTEM option on a CD. Thank you.
Straffs25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed mine by formatting the pc drive. ** not drive A**. The pc drive only. It’s in disk utility, format, select the pc drive and click ok.

Do not select any other drive it will delete all your work on other partitions.
dmoulaison@rogers.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, worked perfectly. thanks so much
bandtracker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran into this problem today of not being able to export a WAV file to my PC drive in my D3200, and the information in the previous posts solved it for me. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: