Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 01wfd problem! Noises and scratches!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riva Lima

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Korg 01wfd problem! Noises and scratches! Reply with quote

I have a big keyboard problem ...
My keyboard is having this problem, shown on video ... I don't know what the cause may be, I didn't see any capacitors stuffed ... however, a friend gave me a light, that the central capacitor of the 25v PSU, is not charging enough to send the necessary voltage to the system ... the most interesting thing is that after several minutes on, the keyboard is stable, without any strange sounds or noises ... has anyone seen anything like this?
Best regards from Brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SkhzV0IHA
Riva Lima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody???
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube is now forcing adverts on users in a pretty unpleasant and intrusive way, so I haven't watched the video. Re-capping the power supply might be worth trying, or taking it to an electronics tech to investigate. Electrolytic caps in the audio path may also need replacing. Does the Master Volume control produce "noise" at the outputs when moved?

Riva Lima

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
YouTube is now forcing adverts on users in a pretty unpleasant and intrusive way, so I haven't watched the video. Re-capping the power supply might be worth trying, or taking it to an electronics tech to investigate. Electrolytic caps in the audio path may also need replacing. Does the Master Volume control produce "noise" at the outputs when moved?

Too bad you didn't want to see the video... and no, it's not the case of connecting or disconnecting the source... it's something deeper, and it's not the case with electrolytic caps... also the noise is not reproduced on the volume knob... it's a bunch of confusing, looping sounds, and after a few minutes, they stop, and the keyboard is stable...
Alon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Same here.... Reply with quote

I've been experiencing that for a while too.
My tech said it's a memory problem.
Would love to know how to fix that too.
I gonna ivest some money bringin and installing new EPROM
Hopefully that will help.
Peace!
Alon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: