Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

all output ports stopped working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron1836

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: all output ports stopped working Reply with quote

I've had an EK-50 for about a year. Two weeks ago all the sound outputs stopped working. No headphones, or lineout. Audio in is working fine.
I tried a factory reset but it didn't help.
Any ideas?
geobee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject: EK50 NO SOUND OUTPUT. Reply with quote

I would say your audio IC has gone down for some reason, it is on the circuit board at the rear, where all the plugs etc are inserted. If you haven't tampered with the internal speaker setup, it is difficult to explain why the IC would have failed. Unless you have had it connected to an external amp, and for some reason, a surge has been fed back through to the keyboard. Saying that, also, I guess a short sharp power surge could have hit the keyboard, but usually that would take out the DC power adapter before anything else. Bit strange this one. Loud volume for extended periods could also heat up the IC, and the heat sinking is very minimal on it, so that could be a possibility. Looks like it is off to your tech people, unless you have this type of knowledge yourself. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: