Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opsix v2.0 Shimmer Reverb Freeze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Audiolab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Opsix v2.0 Shimmer Reverb Freeze Reply with quote

Hi there, I installed the new Opsix 2.0 firmware update, and the new 2.0 Patches, but this is concerning the new 2.0 Patch called "Syn Marimba" by Katsunori UJIIE.

When I try to change the Reverb type to Shimmer on this particular patch, the Opsix freezes, and I have to unplug the Opsix from the power supply to restart. After restart, the slot that the "Syn Marimba" patch is located has to be initialized, as this patch slot becomes corrupt upon restart, even without saving first.

I have confirmed that this Opsix Freeze/Crash/Error is 100% repeatable on my end. Can anyone else test this? Just load "Syn Marimba v2", and in FX3, change the FX type to Shimmer. After which the Opsix will freeze on my end. If this is happening on your end, there is a bigger problem. If this is just happening on my end, I have the bigger problem.

I sent this in to Korg Support, but thought I would post it here to confirm and share the findings. Thanks!
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, same problem.

I changed the effect to shimmer, that worked.
But, without saving, when I tried to switch patches, the synth froze and I had to power it off.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Audiolab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundsgood wrote:
Yes, same problem.

I changed the effect to shimmer, that worked.
But, without saving, when I tried to switch patches, the synth froze and I had to power it off.

Thank you for confirming this Very Happy It looks like it might be a bigger problem then. Korg should get my support email about this after the weekend, and hopefully a fix in the near future.
Audiolab

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I just wanted post a follow up to my original post. Korg is working on a new OS update: v2.0.1, which fixes the problem I originally posted, and much more.

I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to test it, and I tried very hard to "crash" the Opsix using various techniques, but couldn't. In fact it runs very smoothly using extreme settings to say the least.

I'm not sure when it will be released, but I wanted to let everyone that's having issues with v2.0.0 know that help is on the way.

Very Happy
edgraaff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news, thanks for letting us know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: