Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next arranger model - NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Next arranger model - NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE Reply with quote

Hey guys

No rumours from me because I know nothing...

I look at my PA4X and its fully packed 100's of features and just wonder if we are going to see an "upgraded" PA4X or a new keyboard.
Yamaha went for the "upgrade" with the Tyros 6 (as it was originally named).

Could/should Korg come up with a totally new design? (That'll upset the die-hards depending on compatibility/conversion tools from PA4X, I guess)
or.... should they provide an upgrade with newer hardware and a handful of new or enhanced features?

The bottom line is their "bottom line $$$$$" - Korg has to survive....

So this is just a "your thoughts" topic not a wish list.
NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE?????

What do you think Korg should do to excite their followers and still remain in business?
That is a hard question - should they at least survey us?

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
usaraiya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Pete that Korg should and will respond as I cannot expect Korg to let Yamaha rule the Arranger world with its Genos!

Although I don't know anything, I expect to be blown off by the new Korg's TOTL arranger, and I am optimistic that it will happen soon. In his last post a year ago, Paolo said, "great things will happen this year" or something to that effect. So, let's wait & see.

To survive, Korg has to come out with a new KB, AND it has to be very good, enough to compete against the Genos, so expect fireworks!

Whether it's an upgrade or an entirely new system, they must have already figured out what works; all we can do is wait impatiently!

Very Happy
Uday
Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Next arranger model - NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hey guys

No rumours from me because I know nothing...

I look at my PA4X and its fully packed 100's of features and just wonder if we are going to see an "upgraded" PA4X or a new keyboard.
Yamaha went for the "upgrade" with the Tyros 6 (as it was originally named).

Could/should Korg come up with a totally new design? (That'll upset the die-hards depending on compatibility/conversion tools from PA4X, I guess)
or.... should they provide an upgrade with newer hardware and a handful of new or enhanced features?

The bottom line is their "bottom line $$$$$" - Korg has to survive....

So this is just a "your thoughts" topic not a wish list.
NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE?????

What do you think Korg should do to excite their followers and still remain in business?
That is a hard question - should they at least survey us?

Take care

Pete Very Happy

I hope it will be all new hardware, software, new (the best possible ) sounds, plenty of inserts, etc and a revolutionary concept.

I wish it has all the best possible arranger features (e.g. you can change accompaniment's patterns on the fly, without entering a style editing mode - similar to how you can change an instrument, etc) plus Akai mpc/force -like features.

Last edited by Nemydom on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:01 am; edited 3 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I hope it is not a massive Nautilus/Kronos/PA4X hybrid!!! It would never be physically large enough to accommodate a workable control surface!!
I hope it is primarily a professional arranger...
If they did produce a big juicy hybrid then maybe they should supply "lay-over" template sheets for the keys - or a voice-activated keybed Wink

A big menu-diving keyboard would really discourage me. One of the several pluses for me with the PA4X is its great "performance" design so menu-diving and/or multi-function buttons would be a show stopper.

Very Happy
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would see small redesign (without loosing buttons/sliders tec) + new software (more modern, with vector graphic)
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not buy a Pa4X simply due to its design age and old architecture.

Layout of physical buttons, switches and sliders etc of the 4X does seem pretty ideal, but I leave owners yo comment in detail.

The present screen imo is to small and the resolution is pretty poor. So this is the main exterior change that I would like to see in a new model.

New architecture and an updated OS are a must.

But, it is not just the 4X that needs an update, it at least has had a significant update to its OS whilst the 1000 and 700 have only had bug fixes since their launch in 2017.

Meanwhile Genos, SX900, SX700 & SX600, all new models and vastly superior in build quality have been introduced by Yamaha.

What has Korg done, Nautilus and synths galore, we are being badly neglected.

If only there were alternatives to Korg and Yamaha.
ckobu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play Genos but I would like to add my two cents.
I don't think Korg should do PA4X upgrades. It was a great keyboard, it met all the expectations of the users, but I believe that the traders are also satisfied.
Korg should start with a new series that will be equipped with powerful hardware that can withstand all the demands of today's users. And desire really has a lot and those are all desires for a real reason. Of course, the basic concept of the good old PA4 should not be changed too much, but the new possibilities must dominate the instrument. I'm not too interested in the look of the keyboard and the aesthetics (beauty is not discussed anyway), functionality is important.
Regardless of being a Yamaha fan, I look forward to every shift on the scene with the arrangers. The release of the new Korgo would have a reflection on other competitors in terms of raising quality. How lucky that the competition did not fall to two letters, K and Y and that Ketron or someone fourth returned to the game.
Without any jealousy I follow the new events and I want the Korg family to soon get a great instrument worthy of the old and good tradition.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
I agree with Pete that Korg should and will respond as I cannot expect Korg to let Yamaha rule the Arranger world with its Genos!

Although I don't know anything, I expect to be blown off by the new Korg's TOTL arranger, and I am optimistic that it will happen soon. In his last post a year ago, Paolo said, "great things will happen this year" or something to that effect. So, let's wait & see.

To survive, Korg has to come out with a new KB, AND it has to be very good, enough to compete against the Genos, so expect fireworks!

Whether it's an upgrade or an entirely new system, they must have already figured out what works; all we can do is wait impatiently!

Very Happy YOU MEAN THE BONTEMPI MODEL with the Fisher Price Keyboard
Uday

mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:

I cannot expect Korg to let Yamaha rule the Arranger world with its Genos!

Very Happy YOU MEAN THE BONTEMPI MODEL with the Fisher Price Keyboard
Uday

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offcourse Korg needs to come with new hardware.. the processing part of the pa4x is totally exhausted with its current features.. its processor is almost identical to that of the pa3x.

If they want to step forward, they need new hardware..

When? Thats the question i personaly expect a new totl arranger nust around the corner…. Tough thats my best bet.. there are no rumors to support this… let alone that someone has proof of this..

When i look at the Genos, there is some parts where pa4x is ahead… but also parts (32 parts, DSP EFX 28 in total, ensemble voices, real arp’s) where the pa4x allready is behind..
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask me.
1. I think it will be a PA5X with the same things as 4 x and some extras, like they fixed Pa1000 with smal adjustments in Back, HDMI and more on the CPU, etc etc. When we look at the OS in specific programs that some people i know we could see the PA5X support file, PLEASE do not ask me who etc, all i know is in the lines we have seen the text that says PA4X and Some more,

So i dont know whats in their mind.

For me Design is absolutely important, But also the sound quality.

if you import a wave file to YAMAHA, and doinning the same thing on korg, Its huge loss of quality.
So better AD/DA Better cpu, better and more FX is a must in this days.
Coming out with a new model that is 50% like the PA4X is not a god idea.
there is better things out there that has better handling of Forexample Sound Loading like SFZ, or Sf2 format.
Stereo Sample import etc, korg is Way behind.
Also would be great IF they can give us a better Screen than on the 4 x.
There is no way that people will jump on a KB that is so close to 4X now, We did that once, from 3 X to 4 X, !!!

So we need new fresh OPS New Look, And great features from 2022, Not recykled pa 1 X styles same sounding Chacha s and stuff like that, Even oldies dances to EDM today,

We need new thinking, and much more power under the hood.

I love my Pa4X, but it took time to love it.
first year full of buggs, second year, Still buggs, 7 year soon Still same buggs, Update is a Must not a request anymore.

And yes I,m diving in to the 4 X 8 hrs every day Smile

Great Topic btw, Thank you Pete,

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one request and that is to improve the sounds to the level of current VST’s . The pa4x is not just a technical wonder that I still have not fully utilised . It is a very fine musical instrument.

However , The sax and brass sounds are still below par when compared to the Genos . These definitely need improvement.

I think the effect routing too needs to be upgraded so that multiple effects can be used as the user desires rather than the complex architecture it currently has ,and it limitations.

If I were to buy a korgpa5x ,I guess it would be my final hardware purchase when it comes to arrangers as I am now moving to a studios. probably wont be doing much live gigging again .

Still love my pa4x though 👌
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that many PA4X players have not realized the big potential that the keyboard has, and will take many years to learn the instrument to it's full potential, there were many good companies that made great arrangers way ahead of their time like GEM and Technics, General Music owners went to jail and Technics keyboard line were not profitable.
I feel that for the stellar technology that is out there in 2021 both Yamaha and Korg should of had an incredible instrument but I am not impressed for the so called invested tool that we buy. The main reason that I have KORG products is that I have too many previous styles and pro styles that are made and if any new architecture comes out I would be lost, so for me at these times I would not buy another expensive new instrument no matter what it does because it will not arrange more jobs for me. A hardware upgrade for current owners would be nice, but I guess that would be a dream that will never come true.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm vaguely thinking that I would be very excited by a totally newly designed arranger - in which case I would keep my PA4X (might have to consider selling other gear though!!!)

Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of valid points here and on other similar threads according to people's personal want's and needs.... I will not try and speculate too much here because at the end of the day (it's the night) I have no idea which way Korg will go with this...so I will wait for whatever turns up, then wait for the avalanche on this forum...then I will seek one out, take a good look and evaluate....it certainly won't be a rushed decision.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: