Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinitro question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Trinitro question Reply with quote

Hello friends
Quick question about trinitro. I have a PCG that was made for a V3 so it has bank A B C D but i only have the standard trinity now as i sold all my options. Now with trinitro i want to load the patches that are on bank C & D into a new PCG but everytime i do that it gives me an error that there is not enough space on the new bank. It's kind of weird but i know it should work. I'm trying to create a new PCG with only bank A & B but with the data of another pcg from bank C & D. Should be possible right? Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Trinitro about 10 years ago to do some extensive edit an library stuff including gleaning what I thought of as the "best of" from Irish Acts archives at the time. Anyway... this is somewhat hazy recall (Trinitro doesn't have a mac version) from that period.

You need a baseline .pcg with just two banks (A,B) in accordance with your Trin's current configuration. This becomes your destination file. You should be able to open both source and destination files.

You can also (I think) initialize that 2-bank file as well which may be one stumbling block - so might as well start with a clean slate.

The source file can be any size up to and including the V3 (A,B,C,D,Moss) sized .pcg's.

It's been a while but I think I remember that there is a way (utility) to copy a single bank to a destination file. And you should be able to copy C to A, etc.

But I think you may need to highlight or choose the destination bank beforehand. Otherwise it's trying to set up a C bank copy in a file that has the hard A+B+No Other ceiling... i.e., no memory for C file.

I know you can move individual voices (long-hand) as a fall back procedure.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility -- within the source bank (A,B,C,D) move C+D to the A+B banks so you end up with a C,D,C,D (V3) file.

Then load A(C) and B(D) to their respective slots in the 2 slot .pcg.

BB

+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Spacecowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: organize progs in trinitro then use keyboard to make combi's Reply with quote

None of the V3 patches are any good. There is a completely different editing system. But there are plenty of synth programs. i have 4 full banks of synth programs i took from every PCG i could find.

Format the disk from the trinity. if the disk isnt working, install trinitro and use a midi/usb cable and you're good to go.

get all the programs you like sorted, then go back in the trinity and start making combo's. you should load both banks of combo's because they can save you time if all you have to do is direct them to the proper prgrams.

there may be some you can use as a starting point due to the nature of their composition. even if they point to the old programs, they still may serve as a good start.

Last edited by Spacecowboy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Magic Hoof

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no way to edit combis in Trinitro? I only see options for selecting various programs to use in a combi, but nothing beyond that. I'd like to set volume, panning etc.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriNitro's a librarian program - meant for moving/organizing/sorting completed programs, but unfortunately not parameter level editing.

For that you might want to check out PCGTools (again PC only) which I think lets you do some or all the Editor functions (vol/range/filters/etc.) as well as library functions.

Michael K. is a frequent contributor here and has developed a version for most of the Korg synths since trinity (i.e., all the tritons, m50 + m3).

BB

The Magic Hoof

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks =)
syevad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
TriNitro's a librarian program - meant for moving/organizing/sorting completed programs, but unfortunately not parameter level editing.

For that you might want to check out PCGTools (again PC only) which I think lets you do some or all the Editor functions (vol/range/filters/etc.) as well as library functions.

Michael K. is a frequent contributor here and has developed a version for most of the Korg synths since trinity (i.e., all the tritons, m50 + m3).

BB

Wrong and wrong:
The Trinitro is capable of editing all parameters and transmit them to the synth...and it doesn't have a proper library as you are confined to the bank structure loaded (so you can delete, copy, paste, move Programs and Combis to other banks in other PCG files as long as these are open in Trinitro). In fact the opposite is true for the PCGTools which offers a proper library and no parameter editing (the 2 complement each other).
(I've read something similar in other post in this very forum...I suggest to double check before posting).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: