Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xd - Left side louder with Tape Delay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject: xd - Left side louder with Tape Delay? Reply with quote

Does anyone else notice more bass/louder output on the left side of the headphones when using certain types of delay? I tried different headphones with the same result. The dry sound itself is even, also with the mono delay, but with tape delay for example it feels like the left side is louder/has more bass.

I'll also that I recorded two tracks (panned hard left and hard right). The tracks were ~100% wet (since I checked and the dry sound is dead in the middle). First I checked with the Mono Delay then I check with the Tape Delay. In the mono everything was balanced, even when I changed the panning to the middle on both tracks.

On the Tape Delay I could hear a difference between left and right, and could see the Peak Levels changed a bit differently. However the peak levels themselves were identical between left and right channels. When I changed the panning of both track to the middle again... the sound was chorused! I zoomed in and checked and the left side appears about 1-2 milliseconds before the other side. Maybe it's intentional?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Confused
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone check on their Minilogue xd? It just takes a minute.
matjones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a similar situation with the ensemble effect, except with that effect it's louder in the right hand channel.
I emailed Korg support and their reply was 'it's by design'.
I get the feeling if you contact support you'll get a similar reply.
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matjones, thanks for the reply! For that reason I sometimes use the Mono Ensemble, I also noticed the ensemble issue a couple of days ago. I’m surprised by two things:
1. Not only someone answered, but actually experience the same issue (at least I know my xd isn’t faulty).
2. More surprised you actually managed to contact them. Can you share the mail/way of contact?
matjones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no worries!
i'll put it in a different format so it doesn't get picked up by spam bots.
support[@]korg(.)co(.)uk

If you're not in the uk, they might just direct you to your area's support.
I've had to contact Korg support in the UK a couple of times, once because of the KLC licence move cockup and once to ask about the joystick up not sending mod, (that was fixed in the next firmware update) both times i got replies pretty quickly.
HTH!
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the mail. By the way, did you actually check in your xd if the Tape Delay sounds like mine? Does it bother you or am I just being over sensitive? Rolling Eyes
matjones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i've not checked mine as subtle differences in the stereo image are par for the course with most sounds.
I don't use the onboard delays or reverbs as i have better plugs and hardware, so i do that in the mix.
I just tend to use the chorus or ensemble as a 'stereoiser' for some of the sounds depending on what i want from them.
Kyoto92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else checked their xd? When setting the delay to mostly wet it’s more noticeable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: