Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End Of Kronos2???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Butler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 88, ten years old this year, and still going like a banger. I just bought a new 61, possibly one of the last around, and it's already got a fault. An utter shame. Korg are forcing stores not to take the Kronos, it seems, because - YAY! - the Nautilus is out with an updated UI but a cheaper screen with smaller dimensions. A Kronos instrument with a Krome screen. And one extra piano. Nice. That'll keep Korg going for a couple of years before they release the Korg KRETE - a cheap holiday destination of a workstation that will keep you warm and amused with beautiful scenery for two weeks before you have to go home and face the reality that the Kronos pretty much ended the game for the workstation market. Sure, you can increase workflow a bit better, tweak sounds here and there but ultimately what will that achieve? Nothing. Korg are going to have to develop some VSTs, and quickly. I'm sure it won't be long before the VST Kronos/Oasys will be released, to follow the Trinity and Triton ones.

But, I must admit, the two Korgs on my stand do really look the business. They look fantastic. Buying a Nautilus will just make it look like I can't afford a proper Kronos. Oh, well, time to look at the Yamaha Montage, I suppose...x

Cheers,
Stephen

www.vipersquadron.com
www.stephen-butler.com
Stephen Butler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way, to the person that said most songs posted here were two-and-three-chord vamps as opposed to Jordan Rudess' note-wanks, please note that it is those two-and-three-chord vamps that bring home the bacon, so to speak, the cash, the dough...

I doubt Paul McCartney sits home at nights going, "I wish I'd put that 15/8 harpsichord hemi-demi-semiquaver run in the middle of Yesterday," is he? No, he's counting the quarter of a million quid he still gets every year in royalty payments!

Of course we all think we can write songs as good as 'Yesterday', otherwise we wouldn't be practising all day and every day to be able to do so!

And to put people's efforts down as they try to do so is unfair because it does nothing to encourage people, puts them down so that they may give up and you can put your attempts up unchallenged. That's what it sounds like anyway. x

www.vipersquadron.com
www.stephen-butler.com
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Butler wrote:
And by the way, to the person that said most songs posted here were two-and-three-chord vamps as opposed to Jordan Rudess' note-wanks, please note that it is those two-and-three-chord vamps that bring home the bacon, so to speak, the cash, the dough...

There have been really great and memorable songs with 2 or 3 chords. And there have been awful songs with 4 or more chords.

To my ear, there is nothing worse than a song where the composer tries to be clever by shoe-horning in exotic chords. There's a certain well-known composer whose songs often sound to me like a college music theory project where the assignment is to use certain meters or chords. It's impressive that he puts together such complex compositions, but to me it's more intellect than heart. That equals pretension in my book.

By comparison, Leonard Bernstein's score to West Side Story is so full of great stuff. I referred to it a lot when teaching music theory. BUT - it also had heart!

On the other had, I could go the rest of my life without hearing another song with G - C - Em - D chords!
ITguy54

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Butler wrote:

I doubt Paul McCartney sits home at nights going, "I wish I'd put that 15/8 harpsichord hemi-demi-semiquaver run in the middle of Yesterday," is he? No, he's counting the quarter of a million quid he still gets every year in royalty payments!

Of course we all think we can write songs as good as 'Yesterday', otherwise we wouldn't be practising all day and every day to be able to do so!

And to put people's efforts down as they try to do so is unfair because it does nothing to encourage people, puts them down so that they may give up and you can put your attempts up unchallenged. That's what it sounds like anyway. x

Keep in mind that comment was made in response to an ignorant comment disrespecting Jordan Rudess’ compositions. And if someone is going to do that, then they should expect ridicule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: