Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having Noise Issues With Korg Volca Sample 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krdy12345

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Having Noise Issues With Korg Volca Sample 2 Reply with quote

I am currently running my Korg Volca Sample 2 directly into a Scarlett 2i2 recording interface (with two inputs, though I am using only one for the Sample). When I use a TRS 1/4 to TRS 1/4 I get a load of noise and everything gets much quieter the closer it is to center panning, to the point where center panning is insanely quiet. I tried using a mono 1/4 to mono 1/4 and this boosted the output loads and cured the noise troubles, except of course then I cannot use it in stereo, the further I pan right the quieter it gets. Would really appreciate some help on which cables to buy for this. Thank you!
LM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're mixing up balanced and unbalanced connections.
Krdy12345

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@LM could very well be, I'm not so good with that kinda thing. How do I remedy this?
LM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a 3.5 mm TRS (stereo) to dual 1/4" TS (2x mono) cable.
Krdy12345

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@LM I was thinking about that but I only have two inputs on my Scarlett, is there any other adapter I could use to put them back to one trs, or will I just have to use both inputs?
LM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the Volca Sample in stereo you must use two inputs. If you want to free up one of the inputs, you can also use the Sample in mono, by just leaving everything panned center and connecting only one of the TS plugs to the interface, while leaving the other input free for something else (or just get a mixer between your devices and the interface - the proper way to deal with this).
Krdy12345

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@LM I am getting a mixer asap, just strapped for cash right now. Thanks for the advice man, have a good one!
coconutter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to buy stereo cable with two mono inputs, but that didn't fix the hiss noise problem. whenever I move the treble more into right position, the hiss noise is huge.

the noise comes even if I don't play anything with Volca. I have the inputs on (in interface) and the noise is very visible. When I move the cable from Volca, the noise disappears (so it's not coming from the interface or my PC/DAW).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: