Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schematics or Service Manual EA-1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaztech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Schematics or Service Manual EA-1 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Does a schematic or service manual exist for the Electribe EA-1?

I have one in for repair with no sound. I traced right up to the DAC and there is nothing there. I'm going to have to go deeper.

Without a schematic at least it going to be difficult!

Anyone have anything? Confused
gaztech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Now I have output just after the DAC.

I found badly soldered resistor. Could only see it through a large magnifier. I have both channels so progress has been made!

Now I have very low output on the output section. All outputs are low but I do have some signal at the volume control and onwards. I suspect that the wrong power supply was used on this one.

If I could JUST get a schematic of the output section then that would enable me to finish this one off. Without the schematic (and it's NOT the same as the other units) I'm having a hell of a time getting this one done.

Anyone have anything at all?
gaztech

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Electribe EA1 Schematic Reply with quote

So... Now I have output just after the DAC. I have both channels so progress has been made!

Now I have very low output on the output section. All outputs are low but I do have some signal at the volume control and onwards.

If I could JUST get a schematic of the output section then that would enable me to finish this one off. Without the schematic (and it's NOT the same as the other units) I'm having a hell of a time getting this one done.

Anyone have anything at all? Oh, and it's not the mutes. Even with them taken out it doesn't work.
otzcz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe EA1 Schematic Reply with quote

gaztech wrote:
So... Now I have output just after the DAC. I have both channels so progress has been made!

Now I have very low output on the output section. All outputs are low but I do have some signal at the volume control and onwards.

Anyone have anything at all? Oh, and it's not the mutes. Even with them taken out it doesn't work.

Hi, I also tried to find some original technical info for ER-1, but with little success. It looks like they hide it well Smile

Maybe this could help a bit, or there's link to service manual for EM-1 in the description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0OfLD_NHDU
Digitakt, ER-1, Volca Beats + Bass + Modular, Neutron, k-2, Microfreak, Liven XFM, Beatstep Pro, Keystep, UC-33e, few FX (Zoom G1four, Razzor DD+DS, EHX Platform+HolyStain, Samson C.com), Mackie 1202 VLZ4, pair of RCF AyraPro6
gaztech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I forgot to add... This one is an ER-1 MK II version.

I actually managed to find an ER-1 service manual from one of the paid sites and bought it since I couldn't find it anywhere else but I find that the earlier version is very different so this manual is no good for this one.

It's the MkII version manual that I need. This one seems to be unobtainium. I can't find it anywhere.

However, the board that I have the issue with may be used in something else. That's very possible.

Board number is: KLM 2475

If anyone has a schematic for just this board then it would help enormously. I changed some chips out as the signal looked like it was dying after them but that didn't work (these surface mount boards are very difficult to trace out) - but I did manage to advance the signal a little further so a bit more progress!

If I had the MK II service manual I might be in with a chance to fix this thing.

As an aside... If someone wants the ER-1 manual I have then I can send it on if you need it. Just PM me... I checked all the other Electribe variants (EM-1 etc etc) but ALL of them are different to this one. None of them have the KLM 2475 board.

Still hoping someone will come up with something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: