Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next arranger model - NEW DESIGN vs UPGRADE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing posted here will reach the ears of Korg. Same with our “wish lists”. They have already made a decision as to where they are going. What are they going to “chuck at us” next, only they know. So why worry or even discuss something that is beyond our control ? Why waste our valuable time and energy ? Korg have already decided, it`s too late. Move on.

But all is not lost, the solution is simple. “Chuck at us” is the operative term. So let them “chuck it at us” whenever they want. Traditionally it will be full of “BUGS” for us to spend inflated prices on and sort out their “BUGS” for them. That is what Korg do best. Chuck things at us to sort.

So it is simple, don’t ponder on what is coming next, move on. Just do not purchase anything new from Korg until the “BUGS”, faults and build quality have been 100% fixed and commented on.

It is a no brainer so in the meantime, enjoy what you have and keep playing. Please do not throw away your hard earned cash and pension money on a keyboard that will be, by Korg tradition, full of “BUGS” for you to sort out. Let Korg get it right first, and that’s going to take a minimum of two years.

Keep safe
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Traditionally it will be full of “BUGS” for us to spend inflated prices on and sort out their “BUGS” for them. That is what Korg do best. Chuck things at us to sort.

Now that sounds like Korg must be owned by Microsoft!!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
Traditionally it will be full of “BUGS” for us to spend inflated prices on and sort out their “BUGS” for them. That is what Korg do best. Chuck things at us to sort.

Now that sounds like Korg must be owned by Microsoft!!!!

Well not everyone can compete with Apples 😜

On a serious note, there is a difference between being critical, and being negative. That post just was all negativity. Makes me wonder why people that think this way even come and visit these forums?

But in every post there hides some truth. The new sales lead for Korg arrangers comes from Germany. German arranger players are very traditional. Which also shows in Yamaha’s products where most advice comes from Germany.

Its a pitty they don’t visit this forum more, at least most members here buy Korg because there is more innovative thinking in the products then Yamaha.. i just don’t hope Korg moves more into the direction of the German arranger players. And listens more to the younger players here on this board..
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
Nothing posted here will reach the ears of Korg. Same with our “wish lists”. They have already made a decision as to where they are going. What are they going to “chuck at us” next, only they know. So why worry or even discuss something that is beyond our control ? Why waste our valuable time and energy ? Korg have already decided, it`s too late. Move on.

But all is not lost, the solution is simple. “Chuck at us” is the operative term. So let them “chuck it at us” whenever they want. Traditionally it will be full of “BUGS” for us to spend inflated prices on and sort out their “BUGS” for them. That is what Korg do best. Chuck things at us to sort.

So it is simple, don’t ponder on what is coming next, move on. Just do not purchase anything new from Korg until the “BUGS”, faults and build quality have been 100% fixed and commented on.

It is a no brainer so in the meantime, enjoy what you have and keep playing. Please do not throw away your hard earned cash and pension money on a keyboard that will be, by Korg tradition, full of “BUGS” for you to sort out. Let Korg get it right first, and that’s going to take a minimum of two years.

Keep safe

(((((Ouch))))).... I can understand the bug point..but I'm not sure on the approach... So can only dismiss the general theme of the above as hopefully just a bad day at the office.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

With any complex computer-related product like this, the User Acceptance Testing is mind-boggling and huge. We will never ever get this sort of technology being bug-free.
Try to imagine the "User" permutations re playing and accessing functions etc...etc... - the task is impossible.
I challenge you to write a fully comprehensive User Acceptance Test Schedule for the PA4X.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Critical, negative - missing update for recent midrange Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
... there is a difference between being critical, and being negative. That post just was all negativity. Makes me wonder why people that think this way even come and visit these forums?. ..

While ones critic must be about a negative issue, his critic is negativ! Why it should not be allowed to visit these forums with negativ critics?

Rather, it is astonishing that one still sometimes finds negative criticism here, although attempts are made again and again to suppress it in this forum.

It is rather surprising when poorly working functions or missing features are played down, eg by participants who do not use these functions at all - does one want to curry favor with the manufacturer or what else motivates participation in the forum?

If, for example, known inadequacies in the OS only were corrected immediately in the Pa4x but these have not been corrected in the mid-range arrangers for more than four years it is t is legitimate to appeal "Just do not purchase anything new from Korg until the “BUGS” have been 100% fixed"!

So it is simple, not do ponder on what is coming next until inadequacies of recent Pa1000 are not fixed.

karmathanever wrote:
... We will never ever get this sort of technology being bug-free ..

.. after such a long time, it seems to be necessary also to update Pa1000 (and contrary to impatient expectations - seems to be there is enough time left for a successor).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elsewhere one of the posts that June is the possible release date.

If this turns out to be correct, what then?

Given the track record of the Pa 700 & 1000 it may well be many months before the new model arrives in the retailers and even then its price will be inflated.

The 1000 took over six months before it was in the showrooms and its price was over 10% higher than it settled down to. In fact it is now £400 less than its release price of £1999, so possibly something is happening with these models as well.

Bug fixes have sort of continued but no significant update has been presented to either of these models.

Any change to features to restore the functionality of prior models is probably not going to occur but it would be great if Korg produced a new OS where the user could define elements of the operation of the keyboard.

We can speculate as much as we want, but will/have Korg listened, time will tell.

If we do not like it well there is always Yamaha, Ketron and Medeli products to look at (tongue firmly embedded in cheek so please do not jump down my throat).
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Elsewhere one of the posts that June is the possible release date.

If this turns out to be correct, what then?

Given the track record of the Pa 700 & 1000 it may well be many months before the new model arrives in the retailers and even then its price will be inflated.

The 1000 took over six months before it was in the showrooms and its price was over 10% higher than it settled down to. In fact it is now £400 less than its release price of £1999, so possibly something is happening with these models as well.

Bug fixes have sort of continued but no significant update has been presented to either of these models.

Any change to features to restore the functionality of prior models is probably not going to occur but it would be great if Korg produced a new OS where the user could define elements of the operation of the keyboard.

We can speculate as much as we want, but will/have Korg listened, time will tell.

If we do not like it well there is always Yamaha, Ketron and Medeli products to look at (tongue firmly embedded in cheek so please do not jump down my throat).

If you name medelli, you must also add casio..

Yamaha’s Genos 2 is still 3 or more years away..

Ketron is on a schedule of their own, but is rumored to Have partnered up with a leading european VSt producer, to make a step forward with their hardware structure and sound engine.. imagine a Ketron Falcon?

Casio and medelli are not interested in high end, as is Roland, who probably left the buiseness. Altough, none expected another workstation from Roland either.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the change this time round from previous time-lines we have seen from new model schedules, which many have highlighted as being well over due (and I'm sure global lock downs and global chip/component shortages have slowed and added to this change) them my hope is this extended time (for what ever reason) has allowed for much need extensive Beta Testing to have taken place previously unknown when following past trends where we have been use to are fair share of bugs with every new model, and this has been the cause of much frustration (i say this from constructive points of view) so fingers crossed the time has been used wisley to diminish this much talk about problem...P.s. I don't think anybody expects they're not to be a few bugs here and there especially considering how complex these systems are hence I use the word diminish.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Considering the change this time round from previous time-lines we have seen from new model schedules, which many have highlighted as being well over due (and I'm sure global lock downs and global chip/component shortages have slowed and added to this change) them my hope is this extended time (for what ever reason) has allowed for much need extensive Beta Testing to have taken place previously unknown when following past trends where we have been use to are fair share of bugs with every new model, and this has been the cause of much frustration (i say this from constructive points of view) so fingers crossed the time has been used wisley to diminish this much talk about problem...P.s. I don't think anybody expects they're not to be a few bugs here and there especially considering how complex these systems are hence I use the word diminish.

Its virtually impossible to create these instruments witouth bugs..
Thats why people that rely on these instruments for their living should not be early adapters..

Normally i buy about a year after release..

But since i have been waiting since my GEM SK880 for a high end 88 key arranger, i think i will jump ship immediately when there is an 88 key version with high quallity keybed.. but then i am a hobby player
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
D575 wrote:

Its virtually impossible to create these instruments witouth bugs..
Thats why people that rely on these instruments for their living should not be early adapters..

Normally i buy about a year after release..

But since i have been waiting since my GEM SK880 for a high end 88 key arranger, i think i will jump ship immediately when there is an 88 key version with high quallity keybed.. but then i am a hobby player

Yes I totally get this and I think i have done my best to convey that... after all we are not dealing with the very hight expectations of medical/military or Aviation software systems (and they are not with out there problems) that would be plain silly but I do think there is room for some improvement here... what might help this is perhaps a quicker response to a fix if we are to be more accepting of these problems (bug's) Smile
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time short movie:

https://youtu.be/xeWfvI6B1p0
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wonder if these leaks are intentional ? (I seam to remember something similar happening like this with Genos)....or is someone in trouble with there NDA ?..... maybe we will here some news from korg virtual booth @Believe in Music shortly ?......

Last edited by D575 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
This time short movie:

https://youtu.be/xeWfvI6B1p0

Yes, a film shot with a potato. Shocked

Strange…
Blazenko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
You wonder if these leaks are intentional ? (I seam to remember something similar happening like this with Genos)....or is someone in trouble with there NDA.....may be we will here some news from korg virtual booth @Believe in Music shortly ?......

Of course, KORG doesn't give a sh.. to speak a clear word here....

After these „leaks“, the high expectations set in advance are somewhat dampened.

Maybe that's the intention...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: