Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For the love of God, I can't figure this out.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:35 pm    Post subject: For the love of God, I can't figure this out. Reply with quote

I have two Kronos X's. I have one for backup. I've been able to get all programs/combi's/setlists all copied over, but som-bitch, I can't figure out to get the custom samples I have from the first Kronos to the second Kronos. I keep get getting KSC not loaded -- or something like that. I simply want to copy an "Auto-Load KSC" file to my second Kronos. I've had these boards for what -- 8 years? I'm friggin frustrated i can't figure this out. I've looked on line, watched videos, NOTHING. Anybody have step-by-step procedure how to get customers samples from one Kronos to another in the Auto-Load KSC???? Thanks. Ugh !!!!!!!
exsequor699

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@12:27 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6-WgqJpM3g&t=9s (watch the full video recommended).

Just make sure the multisamples of your custom samples are saved correctly in the programs you want, save the PCG and KSC files then follow the steps in the video link above.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Thanks exsequor69. I used that video to create the samples/programs and auto-load on my original Kronos. It took a lot of work assigning samples to certain keys on my original Kronos and I'm not looking to go through all of that again to get it to my back-up Kronos. Is there a way to just copy the KSC file to the back-up Kronos using a usb flash drive?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Kronos 61s for the same reason as you. I try to keep them identical too. I’ve had pretty good luck keeping them duplicated, with the exception of transferring wave files (songs) that’s probably not your issue.

I do a save all on my thumb drive and load the PCG files and KSC into the second K and everything is there. If I had to guess what your problem is, it’s probably in the Global settings. It’s my understanding that Global settings are NOT transferred to/from different Ks, you’ll need to find out if the correct boxes are checked in your second K.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Falcon2e: Thanks for the reply. I did the same thing you did, save all, and everything transferred fine EXCEPT my custom samples. The programs are there for the custom samples, but the samples are not. Even if I hit the "Load samples" in the program. For some reason I can't get my custom samples to transfer to the second Kronos. I need it to be in auto-load. Thanks.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Hey Falcon2e: Thanks for the reply. I did the same thing you did, save all, and everything transferred fine EXCEPT my custom samples. The programs are there for the custom samples, but the samples are not. Even if I hit the "Load samples" in the program. For some reason I can't get my custom samples to transfer to the second Kronos. I need it to be in auto-load. Thanks.

Okay, in disk mode tap the utility tab, highlighting the KSC. In the size column you should see something like 260k, if you do your samples are in the thumb drive. Then hit the red load bottom.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Okay, in disk mode tap the utility tab, highlighting the KSC. In the size column you should see something like 260k, if you do your samples are in the thumb drive. Then hit the red load bottom.

Make sure you’ve selected your thumb drive in “drive box”
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Falcon2e wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Make sure you’ve selected your thumb drive in “drive box”

Phew !!!! Thanks. How do you copy the HDD KSC samples to the thumb drive? I tried your suggestion and I don't find my samples on it.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, we’re making progress. We’ll go one step at a time. I’m not near my Kronos so fingers crossed. Insert thumb drive in K #1, in disk mode, tap the save tab. Then near bottom left find “drive select “ tap the > a box will open, find your thumb drive, it’s not the one that says HDD internal. Select your thumb drive, then on the top right of the screen, tap the little v, in the drop box, find and tap..save all. Tada done!
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the replies. Wish there was easy way to just mirror two Kronos boards, including custom samples. Thanks again.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Thank you all for the replies. Wish there was easy way to just mirror two Kronos boards, including custom samples. Thanks again.

I think we’re all curious, did you get your samples loaded in Kronos #2?
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry I'm bringing this up again. Anybody have a step by step procedure? I'm at a complete loss after spending virtually hours trying to figure this out. how to copy samples off hdd from korg kronos 1x to kronos 2x. Same damn synths. Kronos 1 has all the samples loaded into hdd. I've tried copy and paste, save sample data, you name it, I can't get it to load into my Kronos 2. I keep getting RED warning "Samples n/a." I mean, I'm not the sharpest tack in the box, but for the love of God, I can't figure this one out. Thanks.
number6uk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throwing this idea into the mix, just to be clear I have not tried what I am suggesting as I only have 1 Kronos but here we go.

I back my Kronos up by connecting it over ethernet (Apple USB --> Ethernet adapter) and then connect to it using an FTP client from my Mac to the Kronos. I can then drag the entire folder structure to a drive connected to my Mac.

So using the same connection could you do the same (i.e. copy the entire folder structure and files in one operation) to your PC/Mac and then do the same in reverse onto the 2nd Kronos so all the folders/file structure and locations are the same on both, then load the 2nd Kronos from it's internal SSD exactly like you do on the 1st? If you have 2 USB --> ethernet adapters you could potentially copy directly from one Kronos to another without the PC/Mac stop off in the middle (speeding it up), but just using the PC/Mac as to command the copying. If both Kronos were connected at the same time to the network this copy could be done using any device that supports FTP.

It was just a thought that if both SSDs on both machines were identical in structure and file content they should not error on not seeing files in the right place.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Prologue 16, Minilogue PG, Trinity Plus/SCSI/PBS, Moog Mother 32, DFAM and Subsequent 37 owner.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Somehow I got it to work. But I literally have no idea how I did it. Something that should be so simple (two identical Kronos boards) copying all data, including custom samples saved on HDD, from one to another. Thank you to all that responded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: