Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer - Can't edit Tempo Track

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Sequencer - Can't edit Tempo Track Reply with quote

Hi again,

I've been using the sequencer to record backing tracks (mainly drums and bass parts) for live performances.

I was trying to slow the tempo down in the last bar as per the recorded version of the song I'm doing. I went to track edit to Create/Erase Control and added what I thought was a 1-bar rallentando from 98bpm to 76bpm. Anyway nothing happened. Playback stayed the same tempo throughout.

I notice in the first page of Track Edit there is a line at the bottom representing the tempo track. Should I be able to edit this directly because I can not? I made my attempt to change it on one of the 16 music tracks.

Should I have done something to activate the Tempo Track before recording anything?

Not sure what I have or haven't done but I can say I haven't tried to edit the tempo mid-track before and so have never encountered this problem.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

DD
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Some starting points:

1. On Page S0-1 Main (first page of seq, left of the tempo setting, you can choose "REC". Normally when you record a track, it will also record changes on the TEMPO knob to the tempo track. Afterwards, use "Auto" mode to disable recording and to use the tempo track.

2. In the track editor, you can select the tempo track and create/edit/delete control messages of the type "tempo".

Have fun
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OpAmp,

You're right, my tempo was set to 'Manual' so I set the record click going and set it to 'REC'. I hit play and let the pre-count finish before stopping the recording. The manuals seem to suggest this will record the time signature and tempo.

However, I then set it to 'AUTO' and went to Track Edit but I still can not access the Tempo track... I can see it on the display but it will not let me select it.

What am I missing?

DD
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have access of tempo when the REC is on but you need a different parameter on Track edit page to downgrade of the tempo.
Create/Erase Control: The Create Control command creates control change, aftertouch, pitch bend, or tempo data in the specified region of a MIDI track or the tempo track.
Here you can create the control of TEMPO between start and end of the last measure from your song.
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I now see what I was doing wrong.

I was trying to edit the Tempo Track from the 'S-Track Edit' page and I could not understand how I could see the track at the bottom of the page but not select it.

I now realize that I have to go to 'Event Edit' (for any of the other tracks) and THEN select the Tempo Track from the drop down list at the top of the 'Event Edit: Set Event Filters' page.

Thanks again for all your help on this.

DD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: