Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question..Korg Nautilus vs MODX/Montage regarding (SCENES)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Question..Korg Nautilus vs MODX/Montage regarding (SCENES) Reply with quote

Korg Nautilus vs MODX/Montage regarding (SCENES) etc...

on my old Montage I used to use what Yamaha calls "SCENES" these are separate setups to create parts of your songs to go thru when playing LIVE just by pushing each scene as you play.

Now on my Nautilus of which I am a newbie I was wondering if I can set up something like this so I can tab thru the "part setups" of my song while playing let's say a verse, bridge, ending etc. etc. .. and then save it somehow....
what is the best way to do this ?

appreciate any help on this

Thanx
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nautilus Scenes have several utilities. Normal to change the arp, dt, sounds to can have a groove progression. Also can keep the arp off to only change the sounds in the same combi with easy transition. Or wrote some ARP as a part of songs that can change in the scenes. We have different way to add some part of song in the scenes. Sometimes I sacrifice the Drum Track to use it as repeated melodic part.
Give us more detail about what you looking for and I'm sure that someone will share his ideas with you.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wished there was a pattern based sequencer in Korg keyboards for a while....

They did have it implemented to a certain extent but it always seemed to get off beat. I never could get it to work right.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
tenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to resurrect an old thread.. 😅

re: Korg pattern based sequencer:

Korg's RPPR is awesome for that kind of thing Smile It is always on-sync and can't get off beat since you specifically set it to trigger patterns being synced on beat.

Been using RPPR since the N364 days in the 90s and I've recently got myself a M3-M mainly to use it as a more portable RPPR equipped workstation synth. Definitely worth a check if you're into pattern based sequencing and triggering those in realtime using keys assigned to them.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenshi wrote:
sorry to resurrect an old thread.. 😅

re: Korg pattern based sequencer:

Korg's RPPR is awesome for that kind of thing Smile It is always on-sync and can't get off beat since you specifically set it to trigger patterns being synced on beat.

Been using RPPR since the N364 days in the 90s and I've recently got myself a M3-M mainly to use it as a more portable RPPR equipped workstation synth. Definitely worth a check if you're into pattern based sequencing and triggering those in realtime using keys assigned to them.

I never really liked it. Seemed a bit odd compared to the Yamaha one.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
dobermann103

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: midi scenes Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:
Nautilus Scenes have several utilities. Normal to change the arp, dt, sounds to can have a groove progression. Also can keep the arp off to only change the sounds in the same combi with easy transition. Or wrote some ARP as a part of songs that can change in the scenes. We have different way to add some part of song in the scenes. Sometimes I sacrifice the Drum Track to use it as repeated melodic part.
Give us more detail about what you looking for and I'm sure that someone will share his ideas with you.

I can assign scenes switching to a control surface or some nautilus key. What are any MIDI parameters?
dobermann103

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject: midi scenes Reply with quote

Can I assign scenes switching to a control surface or some nautilus key? What are any MIDI parameters?
Gagonni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: midi scenes Reply with quote

dobermann103 wrote:
Can I assign scenes switching to a control surface or some nautilus key? What are any MIDI parameters?

I'm also interested in this. It come to my mind that you maybe can use programmable quick access buttons for this, but I can't find any info. Can someone who has the keyboard check if there is a possibility to map quick access buttons for scene switching? kindly, kindly please Smile
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I inquired about this a while back, wanted to find out if the Scene buttons on the screen could be assigned to a NanoKontrol since there's practically no RT buttons on the Nautilus. The answer I received was a big NO. On my Kronos I use the Karma Scene buttons almost exclusively to change sounds. Very convenient and easy. I was hoping there was some kind of work-around with the Nautilus and it sounds like it's a no-go.
Gagonni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
I inquired about this a while back, wanted to find out if the Scene buttons on the screen could be assigned to a NanoKontrol since there's practically no RT buttons on the Nautilus. The answer I received was a big NO. On my Kronos I use the Karma Scene buttons almost exclusively to change sounds. Very convenient and easy. I was hoping there was some kind of work-around with the Nautilus and it sounds like it's a no-go.
\

Oh, what a bummer...
Thanks for the info!
dobermann103

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:45 am    Post subject: qa Reply with quote

maybe, with the next update it will be possible to use QA buttons for scenes. We hope
tekhedd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: qa Reply with quote

dobermann103 wrote:
maybe, with the next update it will be possible to...

What is this "next update" you speak of? I hear rumors but I am starting to lose faith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: