Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blocks of micro korg keys not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dbmiller8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Blocks of micro korg keys not working Reply with quote

I am new on here. I have an old micro korg that has a problem with keys C#3 thru E4. They don’t work. I was thinking the motherboard may be faulty because there are a bunch of other buttons that are not working(arpeggiator on/off, octave shift up/down, etc). But looking at the schematics, it looks like C#3-G#3 and A4-E4 on the daughter board are separate circuits on that board. So now I am thinking it is the daughter board. I tried cleaning the daughter board contacts(there was some corrosion on some of the pads) but the problem persists. In looking for a replacement motherboard, I am hopeful it is the daughterboard since mother boards seem impossible to find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

C#3-G#3 use all the BR02 and MK02 lines, while A4-E4 use all the BR03 and MK03 lines. That can be a clue.
You can maybe try to meausure pass through's on the daughter card with a multi meter.

Further, I'm not sure it is worthwhile to buy new daughter or motherboards for a micro. No idea how much you can save vs a new or working second hand one.

Have fun.
Dbmiller8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks OpAmp. A new motherboard is too expensive to justify not just buying a new micro for sure. I found a daughterboard for about $50 delivered. I am a hobbiest type of player so $50 is ok. $400+ is not. I have a new daughterboard en route. The weird ‘other issues’ leave me with some doubt that the new board will make it functional again but if not, I may just part the thing out. It is in pretty good shape for a 15 year old keyboard that my kids used to ‘play’ with. Thank you again for your suggestions. For my own knowledge, I will probably compare the passthrough on both boards. Knowledge is never a bad thing. Take care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: