Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nanoKontrol2 doesn't work as expected using Garageband

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weetos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject: nanoKontrol2 doesn't work as expected using Garageband Reply with quote

Hey there

I'm running GarageBand v10.4.5 / macOS BigSur and I installed version 1.0.1 of the plugin (nanoKONTROL2/Control Surface plug-in for GarageBand/Logic)

Transports controls work (though some buttons don't remain lit as you would expect, like "Cycle"), but per-channel controls don't : Solo, mute, record, sliders and dials remain inactive. Changing the LED settings from Internal to External in the Common field make them behave as expected though.

One thing I noticed, though is that the 8th slider controls the volume of the currently selected track, and some controls work for current track's controls (eg compression on/off, attack, release...).

I tried to uninstall the plugin and korg Kontrol Editor, flush GB's preferences, to no avail.

Note that I also have a Korg B2 (and I LOVE it !) that works just fine in GarageBand, in case that would matter in any way.

How would I go about getting my nanokontrol2 to work as expected ?

Thanks for any pointer Smile
Weetos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: News Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is interested, Korg seems to be aware of this :
https://www.korg.com/us/news/2022/0205/

Just have to wait (hopefully not too long) for a fix Smile
padura

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: still waiting... Reply with quote

also on GB 10.5.8 same problem. It would be nice if an update comes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: