Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling Christer Janson (Visual AL-1/Polysix editor dev)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://web.archive.org/web/20190801065435/http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/

BlackForest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190801065435/http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/

Awesome, thank you voip...

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's back up.
I rebuilt it with a new up to date C++ runtime.
I didn't get to test it since this computer is not hooked up with midi, but if one of you tries it out and it doesn't work let me know.

http://chrutil.com/kronos/

Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see it's back up. Sadly, it's not a valid Win32 application :-(

Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that’s odd.
It should download a zip file, and inside the zip file should be KronosEditor.exe
I just tried downloading and extracting it and it worked for me.
I’ll try again this evening to see if I can find some problems, meanwhile I would ask you to try downloading it again to see if transfer was somehow corrupted.
Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried downloading the latest build again, extracting and running it, and same result. The Kronos Editor is "not a valid Win32 application. The PC is running WinXP. The same version loads OK on a Win10 laptop.

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
It's back up.
I rebuilt it with a new up to date C++ runtime.
I didn't get to test it since this computer is not hooked up with midi, but if one of you tries it out and it doesn't work let me know.

http://chrutil.com/kronos/

Thanks,
C

Hi Chrutil and thank you so much again for your program and this update. Cool

It works just fine on my AsusPro PC with W10 (just like your previous version). Just wondered about the new Export Current Program feature. It doesn't seem to work, but maybe there is a trick I don't get ? Does it export as SYSEX or Korg format ? Thanks in advance.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
I tried downloading the latest build again, extracting and running it, and same result. The Kronos Editor is "not a valid Win32 application. The PC is running WinXP. The same version loads OK on a Win10 laptop.

Aha that was the missing link. I don't actually have a Windows XP machine around anymore so I cannot test this, but I don't think the binaries built with todays compiler actually runs on Windows XP anymore.
If you go back to the website I added a second download - the original build of the editor from 2012 or thereabout. I can't run this anymore, but it is the same zip file as was up on my site for years so it should work if it originally did.

Thanks,
C
Chrutil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Just wondered about the new Export Current Program feature. It doesn't seem to work, but maybe there is a trick I don't get ? Does it export as SYSEX or Korg format ? Thanks in advance.

Well this is a bit embarrassing, I did not notice that I had added that...
I also can't remember ever adding that feature, I must have started that years ago when I played with the editor again.
Sadly there is no code behind that menu item so I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Rest assure that for now that menu item does absolutely nothing.
The data for the current patch is in the editor so I guess in theory there's no problem to actually export it to some known format, but is there a point in doing so?
Also, when running it after rebuilding, I noticed that it is leaking GDI objects like it is its job. This means it could easily crash after running it for a while.
I fixed it in the a new update that I posted
While in there I also removed the export program menu. If we can think of a good use case, I might be able to write it up though.

Thanks,
Christer
johnmaces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello greetings... is it possible to implement a piano roll and creator of karma patterns, even if it is to modify an existing one by modifying it with your own sequences?

very thx.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
Sadly there is no code behind that menu item so I don't know what I was thinking at the time. Rest assure that for now that menu item does absolutely nothing.

Hi Christer and no problem ! Thank you so much again for your great work and program. Take care and have a nice day ! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: