Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfect controller to use with Nautilus 61?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, still looking for tips on getting the nanokontrol 2 working via pluggin into the usb to control timbre levels in a combi. Anyone got this working?
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the best way to get the nanokontrol 2 working as a live realtime timbre volume controller with the Nautilus would be to first determine IF the timbre volumes in a combi respond to CC# changes since that is what can be assigned to the 8 sliders on the nanokontrol via the editor software. And then to find out what CC# corresponds to timbres 1-8 in any given combi on the Nautilus?

Alternatively, if the knobs on the Nautilus are in the user mode and are assigned to control the timbre volumes in a combi, then what CC# corresponds to each of those knobs?

Thoughts? I see someone posted a MIDI implementation chart for the Kronos earlier in this thread but that doesn't include CC#s (and it's for the Kronos)
aellison62

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally worked out how to use the Nanokontrol 2 to adjust combi timbres. I posted in Facebook Korg Nautilus group under my aellison62 name, just search that FB group and you'll find it
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone uses Faceache, so it might be worth pasting the essence of the solution here, for others to see.
aellison62

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, cut and pasted from FB Nautilus group. If you own a Nautilus, this FB group is quite a good resource.

Ok, I know some of you in this group were interested in getting the Korg nanokontrol 2 working with the Nautilus and I accomplished this today. The Nautilus, under Global, has a “function assign” tab that allows you to assign CC# to knobs 1 thru 6. So I assigned CC# 114-119 to knobs 1-6 and modified a combination to have the timbre volumes of the first 5 timbres set to knobs 1-5 and just had knob 6 control timbres 6,7 and 8. Yes, you can have your knobs on the Nautilus do this but I prefer sliders and there’s plenty of room on the Nautilus to set the nanokontrol on it. There are other switches and pedal inputs you can assign under this “function assign” page and I might explore that later. You need to download the Korg control editor and have it recognize your nanokontrol 2 and then you can edit the CC# for the first six sliders to match the CC# you assigned on your Nautilus. Save that file on your computer, and then go to “communication” drop down box and hit “write scene”. That changes your nanokontrol to respond to those settings you just made. Remember to make a save file for your nanokontrol 2 for any other settings on other keyboards, computer VSTs, DAW first so you don’t overwrite them and can retrieve those settings to control them properly as you did before. I am going to see now how I might be able to utilize a few more rotary knobs on the nanokontrol 2 to change other CC# settings on the Nautilus. Hope this helps someone. Remember to save your combi with the new timbre assignments of course.
Deadkeys

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:45 am    Post subject: Nano Kontrol2 & Nautilus Reply with quote

I purchased the Nano Kontrol2 for my Nautilus but wanted the transport and DAW functions to work as well. Is this possible? May return teh Kontrol if not...just to get slider control
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: