Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cats on Keyboards How to stop them ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Cats on Keyboards How to stop them ? Reply with quote

I have aquired a cat recently and she's into everything & likes jumping onto my keyboards & mix desk, especially from a height! I am concerened about poss damage esp to my Wavestate Keys as they are flimsy. Also more worried about my Kronos and Sequencial as they are on a tier frame. Unfortunatly can't keep cat out of room easily, she sneeks in and climbs on it all when my back is turned for 2 minutes.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to stop her from jumping on synths?

Anyone had any damage from cat jumping on there's?

I see videos of people with cats sitting on desk while they play but they seem rather mellow cats compared to this one?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigeon spikes sprang to mind, but they would hurt a cat, so not a good idea. How about some sort of shelf above the keyboards, or maybe some netting. Something like this, perhaps:

https://www.nets4you.com/storage-nets

Or make your own bespoke solution. Somthing hammock-like, maybe, stretched across some upper tier, if your tier frame supports additional support arms.

Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also look for decksaver-style hard dust covers to protect the keyboards themselves, and for the keyboards on tiered stands you can use loops of fishing line over the synths to strap them to the stands themselves.
Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your suggestions. Have no clue what Pigeon spikes are but the hard top cover for keyboard is good idea. I already looked but can't seen to find anything. I just cut some cardboard out for my Kronos LED screen so far to help protect that.
Think she'd like to play with netting or fishing line. Laughing
Keep em coming, sure something will work.
DungBeatle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about allowing your cat to roam outside the house? A more natural environment?
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a cat tree, should be more fun for the cat than a keyboard, especially if you spice it up with some little toys!
Space Girl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I had room for a cat tree but I have too many keyboards Smile
She's into everything and especially like to climb on my mixing desk and move all the sliders, I go to play and wonder why there's no audio, cos the cats been there! I'm learning to keep her out of the room when I'm not in there, cos as soon as I leave her for 2 mins, she's all over my Kronos or WavS.

I am considering maybe using some scents around the area to keep her away but without putting anything on the keyboards, just around them. See if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: