Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg synths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

For what model would you like to have support?
M series: M1, M1R
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
T series: T1, T2, T3
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
0 Series: 01W (FD), 01W Pro (X), 01R/w, WaveStation
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
N/X series: N264/N364, X2, X3, X3R, N1, N5, NS5R, NX5R
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
microSampler/Korg/... products
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
R3, Radias
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
X5, X5D, X5DR, 05R/W
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
DW-8000, EX800, Z1, Poly61, Polysix, MS2000, BX3, CX3
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
My model is already supported
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
My model is not above and would like support (please reply which model)
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools for Korg synths Reply with quote

As some of you may be know I am the developer of PCG Tools.

I have gathered a lot of sysex / manuals from older synths and I think I can add support for at least some of them for PCG Tools. Currently PCG Tools can only handle PCG files from Kronos, Oasys, M3, M50, Krome, Tritons and Karma but I think I can relatively easy add support for .SYX files used by T1/2/3, M1/M3r/05r/w, 01/W (fd), N1/N5/N264/N364 and X5/X5D etc series of Korg.

For more info about PCG Tools, check my signature, but the summary is:
PCG Tools is a combination of a librarian and editor but both are restrictive. However, it can do a lot of things now for some workstations (and possibly more in future):
- Shows the programs and combis in a list (per bank).
- Create text, XML, Excel or text table lists with program / combi names.
- Search for texts in program/combi names.
- Searching which programs are used within which combis.
- Searching which combis are using what programs.
- Moving combis around in a PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Moving combis to other PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Moving programs around in a PCG (and later SYX) file while keeping references from combis intact.
- Moving combis to other PCG (and later SYX) files and automatically copying used programs.
- Creating summary lists of PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Editing names of programs/combis by typing them in.
- Changing categories.
- Removing programs/combis.
- Checking differences between programs/combis.

To check if people would like to have support for their synth I created this poll. I still have a Korg X5 and Korg N264 myself but I'm not sure if those still work correctly. So if you like to have support please leave your name so I can contact you for questions and maybe a little bit of help (like testing some sysex/PCG files for me to check if it works).

Of course, I can't promise anything beforehand.

Btw, I had to combine several synths because limited poll options are allowed, if you selected a model, please reply with the exact type.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the number of voters/remarks, is it really true almost nobody is using the synths above anymore?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
T3owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Looking at the number of voters/remarks, is it really true almost nobody is using the synths above anymore?

I have both a T3 and a 05R/W. While I applaud your efforts, I didn't participate in the poll because it's unclear what sort of support you would include for either of those models. The T3 is incompatible with PCG files, and the 05R/W could only load data from compatible PCG files if they were converted to .SYX (SysEx), or perhaps .05R (for use with the Korg Editor).
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to choose multiple (T, NS5R, DW) - don't know how to do that. Also, just like T3owner I'm not quite sure what would be the level of support, so I would not 'push' for these unless you can hint a feature list that can reasonably be supported in an updated release of PCGtools.

BTW, I really appreciate your efforts - Trinity would be a nice addition, for sure...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are both correct in that it is unclear so I will add it here:

Although the name is PCG Tools, I probably can add support for at least .syx files. These 'files' can be sent by MIDI and contains programs, combis etc.

PCG Tools is a combination of a librarian and editor but both are restrictive. However, it can do a lot of things now for some workstations (and possibly more in future):
- Shows the programs and combis in a list (per bank).
- Create text, XML, Excel or text table lists with program / combi names.
- Search for texts in program/combi names.
- Searching which programs are used within which combis.
- Searching which combis are using what programs.
- Moving combis around in a PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Moving combis to other PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Moving programs around in a PCG (and later SYX) file while keeping references from combis intact.
- Moving combis to other PCG (and later SYX) files and automatically copying used programs.
- Creating summary lists of PCG (and later SYX) files.
- Editing names of programs/combis by typing them in.
- Changing categories.
- Removing programs/combis.
- Checking differences between programs/combis.

And a lot more smaller items.

As said, currently only PCG files are supported for Kronos, Oasys, M3, M50, Krome, Tritons and busy with Trinity files. But in the future I might reasonably easy add support for .SYX files for a lot of the models mentioned above.

Teknowilly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Pcg tools support Reply with quote

Some form of editor/librarian support would be nice for an n364. I still have one, however the disk drive failed and I’m not overly familiar with Sysex sends.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Pcg tools support Reply with quote

Teknowilly wrote:
Some form of editor/librarian support would be nice for an n364. I still have one, however the disk drive failed and I’m not overly familiar with Sysex sends.

It would be nice, but since I mainly stopped developing the chance is very low this will be implemented, especially since the N364 is not widely used anymore. Btw, I still have a working N264 and I loved it back in the times.

I believe I saw some posts or read elsewhere that some people changed their floppy drive for an SD card mechanism.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PCG Tools website will from now on be part of KronosHaven, a website for Korg Kronos fans.

Of course PCG Tools will still support other models, but since the most users are Kronos users, that website seems very applicable.

It can be found here: https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: