Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20 mini USB/MIDI issues with Ableton clips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Macro/micro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:00 am    Post subject: MS-20 mini USB/MIDI issues with Ableton clips Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've connected my MS20 mini via USB. I'm able to send MIDI notes to my DAW (Ableton) from the MS20 keyboard, and I can route a separate MIDI keyboard through Ableton to play the MS20, but the synth is not receiving MIDI notes I'm sending from Ableton clips. Some more info:

• I'm running Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina), so Korg advises not to use their MIDI driver and just to use Apple's (I never downloaded Korgs driver so there's nothing for me to uninstall).

• In Ableton's MIDI preferences, I've set IN and OUT channels from/to the MS20 to Track (no sync and no remote).

• I'm sending and receiving over MIDI ch 1 per the manuals instructions.

• I've tried multiple USB cables and the behavior is always the same.

• I have a high speed USB hub which interfaces between the MS20 and my computer (and all my other external hardware synths).

• I've tried rebooting the computer and synth and get the same results.

• Playing from the MS20's keyboard works as you'd expect.

With all this in mind, can anyone help me trouble shoot why the synth is not responding to incoming midi notes?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: