Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Augmenting OPsix with SURGE XT software synth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeOverTone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject: Augmenting OPsix with SURGE XT software synth Reply with quote

OPsix works as a great controller for the free softsynth SURGE XT. Surge is a Hybrid subtractive synth which compliments the capability of the OPsix. I connect the USB cable to the OPsix and the other end into the USB port on my laptop. I run SURGE XT (X64) as a VST3 under Cantabile 3.0.3694 (X64) which is also free. In Cantabile >Tools>Options>Audio Engine select sample rate 48K and buffer size 144 single buffer. On my computer Cantabile upped this to 160 samples for a audio latency of 3.3ms.
Under Cantabile>Tools>options>Midi Ports select ADD input Generic USB Midi and assign it to the General Keyboard and as default.
Under Cantabile open new file and double click on plug in and select Surge XT VST3 , drag a connection from the keyboard to the midi input of the VST and also configure the output to your computer audio out device.
In the OPsix General menu disable Tx program change so that when you change presets on the opsix it does not upset the patch on Surge.
Opsix can now act as a sequencer for SURGE and by selecting a patch on the opsix like #265 Rock God, you can then start the associated sequence and use it to listen through the presets on Surge xt category Polysynths.
Surge has a very good pad preset called Super Jupiter worth trying out. Also because Surge has a fair amount of FM capability it can also serve as a teaching aid to see others have done to create the patch in Surge and implement it on the OPsix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg opsix / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: