Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inserts on M1 Channel 1`affect M1 channel 2, why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ulrichburke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 am    Post subject: Inserts on M1 Channel 1`affect M1 channel 2, why? Reply with quote

Dear Anyone.

Dunno how to put pictures in here so I'll just describe the prob. for now. If I was more techy I'd've spotted this years back but I didn't, so be gentle with me!

I've got a legit. copy of the M1 Emulator, it's 32-bit plug-in version. So - for argument's sake and to keep things simple (for me!) I've got 2 single sounds going, one on Channel 1, one on Channel 2. Channel 1's on Out 1 and 2, Channel 2's on Out 3 and 4. Each one's on its own channel so Channel 1 definitely has a little 1 next to it, Channel 2 has a little 2 next to it.

On my DAW, I put an EQ as an insert effect on each channel. So when I make a noise on Channel 1, the EQ on Channel 1's little lights should be the only thing flashing, when I make a noise on Channel 2, surely the only thing flashing should be the lights on Channel 2's EQ.

What's ACTUALLY happening is when I make a noise on Channel 2, Channel 1's EQ flashes AS WELL as Channel 2's EQ. So if I'm EQ'ing Channel 1, this is also affecting (effecting!?!) Channel 2.

Now I don't think this is a problem in my admittedly oddball DAW (Quick Score Elite Level 2, best notation package ever!) because if I use - say - Sampletank, this doesn't happen. Making a noise on Channel 2 via Sampletank, on the same settings as the M1 (output 1&2 on Channel 1, 3&4 on Channel 2, Channel 1 on MIDI Channel 1, Channel 2 on MIDI Channel 2) output stays on its own channel. So everything's separate, the way (I think!) it should be.

How do I make the M1 ONLY output - I THINK I'm going to say this right, if I don't I hope people understand what I'm trying to say(!) - data on the channel assigned TO that data, so the external plug-in effects I use on that channel ONLY affect that channel? So if I've got - say - an EQ plugged into MIDI Channel 2 on the DAW, it's only reacting to what's on Channel 2 on the Korg M1, NOT to what's on Channel 1 as well?

By itself, Channel 1's fine. Even if there's a sound set up on Channel 2, but no notes on Channel 2, anything on Channel 1 ONLY hits the insert effects on Channel 1. It's when I use Channel 2 that Channel 1's EQ reacts as well BUT.....

If I use Channel 3 on the Korg, outputs 5&6, MIDI output 3, Channel 3 selected on the DAW, so everything's Channel 3 Central(!) it DOESN'T hit the EQ inserts on Channels 1 and 2. It works fine, entirely by itself, no cross-channel interference.

So I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere I've messed up. I've no idea what or where and can't see anything obvious. I'm totally not understanding why Channel 2 should be affecting insert effects on Channel 1 (unless there's an effects setting in the KORG VST I've missed, I'm only talking about effects inserted into the DAW'S output channels, not internally in the KORG) whereas all the other KORG channels seem to be working independantly and fine!

I know the obvious answer's 'just use the other channels' but I don't wanna mess those up and not know why either.

Hope I've explained stuff right. Would've been easier with pictures but can't seem to insert any here. For now, gonna just miss out Channel 2 but it's a weird one to me, this, and I've no idea if Channel 3 will start affecting Channel 1 for the same unknown-to-me reason.

Yours puzzledly

Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: