Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to change KO 88 Keybed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmic19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Is it possible to change KO 88 Keybed? Reply with quote

Hi All

Just wanted to know if there is anyone who has successfully changed their KO 88 Keybed to other than the original. I believe OASYS 88 (RH2) keybed is a Fatar TP-31 w/ After touch. I mean is it actually possible at all to put say a Tp-40/41 Keybed in there

The reason being is on my KO 88 the octave from Middle C is much quieter than the rest of the keys but the middle C key is louder than any other keys.

I did open it up and can see that the pink/blue palstic round the hammers have lots of visible cracks in them but nothing wrong with the rubber pads or the pcb board that I can see. So cleaned it out as much as I could and carefully checked all connections etc but problem still persists. So don't really know how much it would cost to fix it or to have it replaced fully. Anyone?

C19
mrpanoff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to change KO 88 Keybed? Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by mrpanoff on Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrpanoff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to change KO 88 Keybed? Reply with quote

cosmic19 wrote:
Hi All

Just wanted to know if there is anyone who has successfully changed their KO 88 Keybed to other than the original. I believe OASYS 88 (RH2) keybed is a Fatar TP-31 w/ After touch. I mean is it actually possible at all to put say a Tp-40/41 Keybed in there

The reason being is on my KO 88 the octave from Middle C is much quieter than the rest of the keys but the middle C key is louder than any other keys.

I did open it up and can see that the pink/blue palstic round the hammers have lots of visible cracks in them but nothing wrong with the rubber pads or the pcb board that I can see. So cleaned it out as much as I could and carefully checked all connections etc but problem still persists. So don't really know how much it would cost to fix it or to have it replaced fully. Anyone?

C19

I replaced a TP31 in a Triton 88 with a Fatar TP40L.

Certain loud keys in the new one for sure, also left keys are stiffer than the right keys. Not aware of the cause.

Aftertouch connectors are situated on the left, as opposed to on the right in the Korg. Not sure if the blue male-female connectors can be obtained to make an extension cable (125 cm distance).

Meanwhile - do you think you could've hit the loud key somewhat stronger than it could take?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: