Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixed velocity in kbd sets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
piercarlo.azzone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Fixed velocity in kbd sets Reply with quote

Hi,

As I didn't find anything useful in PA700 Rapid Guide, I'm posting here my question.

I downloaded Korg's official church organs pack, and I find this pack very powerful.
But... I'd like to find a way to fix the velocity to 127 only in some Pipe Organ kbd sets created by me, so not in Global settings.

As I often use my PA700 in church, I find quite frustrating having a pipe organ sound that changes accordingly to my key pressure... it's not real!

Thanks for any help Very Happy

Bye
Piercarlo
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed velocity in kbd sets Reply with quote

piercarlo.azzone wrote:
.. As I often use my PA700 in church, I find quite frustrating having a pipe organ sound that changes accordingly to my key pressure...

In Global / Keyboard Settings set velocity curve to fixed.

If you do not want to inactivate keys velocity globally it can be done individually for each sound with soundedit.

For each oscillator of the sound look for modulation parameters set to "velocity" and change them to "off" (AMP-Modulation, Pitch Level Modulation and Time Modulation, Filter Modulation, Filter EG-Modulation, LFO Modulation).

All "Level" parameters of AMP-EG set to +99; all other parameters of AMP-EG (Time, Level Modulation, Time Modulation) set to zero.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
piercarlo.azzone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid the answer was this ...

In fact I knew the function in the global settings, but I was hoping there was the same function at a lower level (kbd set), without necessarily having to change the individual sounds.

I find this Korg's choice bizarre, when on much older arrangers (like Gem WS2) this function was present in the single Performances.

I think, at this point, the most immediate thing is to modify the function in the global settings before Mass, and deactivate it at the end ... it is certainly faster than modifying all the organ sounds present in the PA700 Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Velocity and Organ Sounds Reply with quote

piercarlo.azzone wrote:
.. find this Korg's choice bizarre..

I find it rather bizarre if there "organ packs" of sounds would exist and are shipped without considering that such sounds should not respond to velocity.

Also there shouldn't be any organ factory sounds in the Pa700 that didn't take this into account.

I think without missing any additional function (dynamic on/off) it also is no problem to program the self-created organ sounds in such a way that they do not react to velocity (ie (scaled velocity top=127, bottom=126).

Using a global function for this might make sense if you want to use all the sounds like organ sounds.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: