Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg stop sending audio during play - Help !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUPERMIL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject: Microkorg stop sending audio during play - Help ! Reply with quote

Hello
I have a micro korg that is almost new.
I use it with Komplete Kontrol keyboard midi and Sound card Audio 6
I receive MIDI signal to the micro korg and get audio in return to my sound card.
Everything works fine but for no visible reason, the micro korg stops suddenly to send any audio signal. Everything indicators are showing the same and everything looks like working perfectly.
I have to turn off the device and turn on again to be able to play and get audio signal again.
I have done reset already.
Midi settings are : channel 1 / On / Ext
Thanks for your help!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Weird.... Hard to say what's going on, leave alone how to solve it. Therefore some questions which may shed some light...

* What do you mean exactly by this: Everything indicators are showing the same
* Do you have MIDI OUT connected on the microKorg?
* Does it occur when MIDI is not connected?
* Is it reproducable? Does it always occur on a particular song or sequence of notes or ...?
* mK has only a max polyphony of 4 notes, do you maybe send complex music parts to it? (Although I would think that that may not cause such kind of problems).
* What happens if the audio drops and you select then another program? Does the audio come back?
* What happens if you unplug the MIDI IN connector at the moment the audio drops?
* What happens if you e.g. enable some filtering of MIDI messages. Refer to the manual.
- I would try to disable the SysEx messages.
- I would also try with disabling CC messages. Maybe the mK receives a volume 0 message?
- (Don't forget to turn them on again afterwards°
SUPERMIL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Thanks a lot for your reply and your support, that is really appreaciated.
I am out of my place at the moment, will check everything that I haven't check as soon as I get back this week.
For the questions you asked:

* What do you mean exactly by this: Everything indicators are showing the same ---->>> I mean everything looks fine, nothing different from all the lights and displays
* Do you have MIDI OUT connected on the microKorg? ---->>> I had but I disconnected it, and I don't have any now, but the problem still occurs
* Does it occur when MIDI is not connected? ---->>> I have to check that
* Is it reproducable? Does it always occur on a particular song or sequence of notes or ...? ---->>> It occurs when I play various notes on my keyboard but nothing really special, I couldn't identify really what could have make it stop sending audio
* mK has only a max polyphony of 4 notes, do you maybe send complex music parts to it? (Although I would think that that may not cause such kind of problems). ---->>> Not really, it is just MIDI signal from my Native Instrument S49 keyboard, which sometimes is used with the smart play program (chords etc.) but the problem occurs even if I play single note
* What happens if the audio drops and you select then another program? Does the audio come back? ---->>> No it doesn't, the only way to make it work is to switch off and switch on.
* What happens if you unplug the MIDI IN connector at the moment the audio drops? ----->>> I tried to unplug it and plug it again but it is still not working
* What happens if you e.g. enable some filtering of MIDI messages. Refer to the manual.
- I would try to disable the SysEx messages.
- I would also try with disabling CC messages. Maybe the mK receives a volume 0 message?
- (Don't forget to turn them on again afterwards°
--->>> OK I haven't checked that, I do it as soon as I can, thanks a lot
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good. Let's see whether something comes out of the things still to be checked, but the other answers are not hopefull according to me.

There must be something broken inside. It feels for me like it is NOT going to be a wrong setting. I would take it for repair to a shop or to someone with some knowledge on electronics to open it up and check whether there is nothing obvious wrong that can be repaired. But I have little hope it's worth the effort, leave alone that it can be repaired...

It reminds me a bit to a a HIFI stereo system I once had. After 15 years working fine, it started suddenly from time to time to stop outputting audio. It started always playing fine and all of a sudden, plop, only some noise anymore. Unplugging, plugging the power helped again for a few minutes. I had to trash it...

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: