Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3.1.4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soarsco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Kronos 3.1.4 Reply with quote

I noticed that there is a 3.1.4 update. Only thing I saw in the notes was that it removed a reactivation limit. Has anyone tried it? is there anything else in there?
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Nothing else.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos updates are kind of a joke. Nothing ground breaking in the few updates they made available. Not like Akai or Roland where they add new features.

I was thinking about this today. How the Kronos is just software that they can manipulate/actually update to give us more streamlined features.

For instance they could have updated the cumbersome Sampling,Saving,and Sample Load on Startup feature by simplifying the process. Instead of having a user do all those individual tasks manually.

But they don't fix or update things like that. Instead they address things for issues that you probably wouldn't have noticed unless someone told you it was broken. It's kind of funny and sad at the same time.

I hope the next gen keyboard gets more support. Korg has a bad habit of releasing entirely new versions of the same keyboard instead of just addressing and fixing the problems with the old one.

I hope the Kronos Replacement isn't just a Kronos in a new shell with all the things we whined about fixed.
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of appearing stupid, what does the reactivation limit relate to?
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
kday

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:

For instance they could have updated the cumbersome Sampling,Saving,and Sample Load on Startup feature by simplifying the process. Instead of having a user do all those individual tasks manually.

But they don't fix or update things like that.

Yeah, Korg is pretty pathetic when it comes to fixing sampling issues that should've never been broken. There many more sample issues that they won't attempt fix like retaining the basic sampler record settings when you turn off the unit. Plus to edit a basic sample after sampling the sound you have to go try to edit in the Loop page instead of the edit sample page in a backwards tedious difficult process they intentionally designed to discourage people from taking pleasure in an ease of sample editing to opt to wanting to buy Korg's own sound kits instead.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kday wrote:

Yeah, Korg is pretty pathetic when it comes to fixing sampling issues that should've never been broken. There many more sample issues that they won't attempt fix like retaining the basic sampler record settings when you turn off the unit. Plus to edit a basic sample after sampling the sound you have to go try to edit in the Loop page instead of the edit sample page in a backwards tedious difficult process they intentionally designed to discourage people from taking pleasure in an ease of sample editing to opt to wanting to buy Korg's own sound kits instead.

Exclamation "Caution Rant About Sampler Ahead"Exclamation

Yeah the Sampler on the Kronos is a huge discouragement. On the Triton it was a Joy to use when they introduced Sampling on their workstation for the first time. On the Kronos it's really backwards. Once you have successfully made a sample you can do some wonderful things with it but the process of creating and saving it is a major pita.

If I need to sample I just use another sampler I own. So long as I have options I won't force myself to go through the crazy process the Kronos requires for sampling. It's just a feature that's so cumbersome it's impractical for use.

My work around for avoiding the sampler has literally been sampling on my other gear and editing the file how I want it and then just adding the .wav files into the Kronos library. That's also an annoying task that task that takes all day though. Imagine trying to lay out a whole drum kit on 73 keys using the Kronos's sample allocation process.

I know some guys are fantastic masters at using the Kronos sampler. They do wonderful work but I'm at a point with the Kronos that I realize all the time I spend learning how to do that one thing I want done... I could have already had it done and over with using another piece of gear.

With the Akai 61 Key Sampler in the works there truly would not be a reason to ever use a Kronos for sampling. That keyboard is going to make the Kronos's Sampler look like one of those old Telegraph machines sitting next to an iphone.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out “dBpoweramp Music Converter” if you find you need to process files.
https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

There’s a DSP section that allows you to stack process together that can speed up your workload. For example, fully auto trimming silence to leave you with perfect start and end points, normalising, and so on.

This puppy can batch process files at super high speeds across all threads (once you tell it to), and perform pretty complicated tasks if you arrange the DSP functions in order you need. Been using this for years myself.

Kind regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: