Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wavestate native version 1.0.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: wavestate native version 1.0.3 Reply with quote

Hi all - we've just released wavestate native version 1.0.3, available via Korg Software Pass. Version 1.0.3 includes a number of improvements, both large and small:

* The wavestate native data can now be installed anywhere on any disk, and relocated as desired. Factory data has been removed from the main installer, and is now a separate download. A new startup screen allows the user to locate or download the data if it's missing or has been moved.
* Audio processes are now single-threaded. CPU usage is lower when idle, and Apple Silicon CPUs will no longer show CPU spikes.
* Previously, samples which had a specific set of characteristics might have had click artifacts. This has now been fixed.
* Previously, playing many notes (e.g. playing piano with the sustain pedal) could cause the system to try to play more than 64 voices–but voices above 64 would be silent. This has now been fixed.
* Effects edit knobs now update properly when switching between Layers which use the same effects algorithms.
* The Step Seq Lane display for the modulation footer now includes Step parameters, Zoom 16/32/64 and Note Advance. Also, selections in the footer no longer affect the Inspector on the Wave Seq page.
* Shift-click to select range now works correctly for the Step Seq Lane in the modulation footer.
* Widths of Wave Seq Step Type and LFO Type combo-boxes are now correct.
* When switching from Master lane to Timing lane, Duration label and Start Step labels no longer overlap.
* Master Lane Duration knob is no longer grayed out after changing Lanes if tempo mode differs.
* The Start/End Step knobs now work properly after adding Steps in a Lane.
* When appropriate, scrollbars now appear for Categories in the Sound Browser and Librarian. 
* Selecting multiple items in the Librarian and then changing the Category no longer renames the items with numbers.
* When running as a plug-in, alert windows will no longer show the icon of the host DAW.
* On Windows, the wavestate native installer now includes the required VCRuntime DLL, in case it was not already installed. If the Windows system did not have this DLL installed already, errors would be displayed and wavestate native could not run.
* If the OS is set to use Japanese, Open Online Manual now links to the Japanese version of the document.
* Updated English manual.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
cs759

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortuneately I'm getting CPU spikes with this version 1.0.3 (Cubase 12, Windows 11).

I didn't notice a problem at first with one instance, but when I added a second instance, the cpu spiking and audio dropouts happened.

I've gone back to 1.0.2 and it's stable again.

Rod
cs759

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what was going on yesterday, but I tried 1.0.3 again today with exactly the same test project, and now 1.0.3 is using significantly less cpu than 1.0.2

Maybe a new day, after powering off, rebooting etc. or whatever.

So it's all good.
Chris_Huelsbeck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know that 1.0.3 did not fix the CPU spike when idle issue for me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: