Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Porting sounds from one K to another

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arizona Sage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Porting sounds from one K to another Reply with quote

Hi everyone. First off, let me state that I LOVE my Kronos X88 and it is my main board. I play in a few bands where I use complex patches/combis with many splits in some cases, using both stock and purchased material. It suits me very well in this regard and the quality of the sounds is nothing short of amazing.

Where the Kronos appears to fall down for me is when I travel and have to rent backline gear. Is there something I can do to download my current Kronos data onto a thumb drive and load it exactly as is onto a rented Kronos so that everything I have at home I can also have on the road? Having the ability to do this would be a game changer for me.

I realize that different K's have different operating sys versions running. I do NOT have the most current. I am running OS 3.04. I haven't updated as I've heard some folks complain about the process. I also am aware that I'm using an og version KronosX. Not a K2. The purchased proprietary sounds I have on my Kronos....would that be a problem as well to port to a rental unit? I am guessing I may need to update my OS to current to make this work as well as rental units may have newer updated OS versions.

I know I can't be the only one who needs/wants to port custom sounds when they travel. I feel like I am missing something in the Korg universe. There has to be an easier way to port sounds/samples/combis/setlists, etc in this manner. I have a mainstage setup with a small controller that I have been using for fly dates and it feels and sounds like a toy when compared to the Kronos.

Any help here would be most appreciated. I'm willing to pay someone to set this up for me as well if it comes to that. I just need a reliable way to consistently have my Kronos sounds travel with me on the road when I do fly dates.

Kronos X88 OS 3.04
Mainstage/Omnisphere/Keyscape/Korg VST/M- Audio/Keylab controllers
Kemper Stage
PRS/Charvel/Jackson/Gretsch/Gibson guitars
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible, but you’ll need to become intimately familiar with many elements and processes in order to be able to do so successfully.

You’ll also need to understand the difference between the original version and the K2 format, as the program locations and contents are different.

I don’t have time for a lengthy post right now, as I need to hit the road for several hours, but I saw that there were no responses and figured I could get the conversation started. I’ll check back when I’m settled and contribute what I can.

Bear with - there are plenty here who can help you achieve your objective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: