Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos price drop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITguy54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 am    Post subject: Kronos price drop Reply with quote

Sweetwater has dropped the price on the remaining Kronos 61 and 73 models. $500 off the 61 and $700 off the 73 key.
wocongming

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos price drop Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
Sweetwater has dropped the price on the remaining Kronos 61 and 73 models. $500 off the 61 and $700 off the 73 key.

in a way, its useless. cause sweetwater charges $800 to $1000 more for them to begin with. sweetwater has the worst deals in the world.
davc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same price at Guitar Center as Sweetwater ... priced higher at Sam Ash ..

i think you are misinformed regarding Sweetwater's pricing ..!?!!
Xenophile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davc wrote:
i think you are misinformed regarding Sweetwater's pricing ..!?!!

Agreed. They have always offered competitive pricing and very good customer service in my experience.
A while back I bought K&M Baby Spider Pro stand from them. I sent my sales rep a screen capture of a competitor's ad showing a lower price, and Sweetwater matched it.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. I've always found that Sweetwater is near the best price that I could find, if not the best. On top of that they have been very good about warranty service and support, so if I lost everything in a fire and had to restock my studio, it would start with a call to them.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos has been discontinued by Korg some months ago, its just old stock being sold…

If you want a high end workstation with Karma, this might the moment to jump in… Karma will make Kronos a very special instrument for the next two decades..
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetwater and Guitar Center still sell as "new" old stock Yamaha MOXF which has been discontinued for years. Kraftmusic sells neither the MOXF nor the Kronos anymore - they seem to move on pretty quickly away from discontinued products. Could be weeks, could be years, that old stock Kronos could still be sold new in-the-box. If the price of old stock MOXF is any indication, I wouldn't expect any huge advertised discounts on an old stock Kronos though. The "close-out sale" strategy to liquidate all stock of a discontinued product doesn't seem to apply.
rickster1

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAMM is coming up in 3-and-a-half weeks.

Is it possible that Korg is coming out with a successor to the Kronos at NAMM & Sweetwater has decided they'd better clean out their inventory of K2s now before the announcement?
exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discounts with Nautilus as well up to US$300, valid until December.

https://www.sweetwater.com/korg-nautilus/series
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickster1 wrote:

Is it possible that Korg is coming out with a successor to the Kronos at NAMM & Sweetwater has decided they'd better clean out their inventory of K2s now before the announcement?

Anything is possible, but I can’t see them having both the Nautilus and a Kronos successor in the market simultaneously, unless it was a whole new price category.

When the Kronos was introduced as a lower-cost version of the OASYS, the OASYS was discontinued. I’d imagine the same will hold true for the Kronos.

I would love to be wrong, but I suspect the Kronos is the end of an era.

As an aside, much was made of the fact when the Kronos and OASYS launched that they were based on commodity PC hardware. Some people couldn’t understand that amount of money on a glorified atom-based PC, completely ignoring all the other hardware and technology that goes into the Kronos and OASYS. Yet there’s been hardly a complaint or question raised about the fact that the $1000 OpSix, ModWave and WaveState are based on $50 Raspberry PIs with about the same profession g power as a mobile phone …

I think from Korg’s perspective they have moved to targeting a lower price point. Rather than selling 10,000 Kronii, they can sell 200,000 Volcas, Modwaves, WaveStates etc, probably at higher markup.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickster1 wrote:

About keyboard manufacturers, only Casio, Kawai and Yamaha will be there. So it might be more about pianos this year. It it not surprising given the current terrible economy and insane inflation everywhere.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two super big European retailers, Thomann and Gear4Music have removed the KRONOS line entirely from their website. It’s been that way many weeks. Many of the smaller retailers also have none listed at all. Not even an out of stock listing.

It’s not so easy to find any store with one listed here. There’s a few, but mainly from single shop places.

Regards
Sharp.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Sweetwater and Guitar Center still sell as "new" old stock Yamaha MOXF which has been discontinued for years...If the price of old stock MOXF is any indication, I wouldn't expect any huge advertised discounts on an old stock Kronos though.

I'm not sure MOXF6 is discontinued. When something is discontinued and goes out of stock, for example, Sweetwater says it is "no longer available." But if the manufacturer is still supplying them, they say "more on order" which is what it says now.

While we can't be sure Yamaha itself isn't sitting on a whole lot of "leftover" stock, it would be very unusual for a company like Yamaha to mis-forecast so badly that they still have "leftovers" going on 4 years later. I think it is more likely that the continued availability of the MOXF6 is intentional. Maybe Yamaha decided themselves to keep it going for longer, or if those are the only two companies carrying it, maybe they made an arrangement with Sweetwater and Guitar Center to continue to manufacture it for them. Either way, it is "current."

Its price did drop a lot after the MODX came out, it's been selling for $999 whereas pre-MODX it had been selling for $1399. And its been at the $999 price ever since. It looks to me like Yamaha and/or those stores made the determination that MOXF6 was still a viable product if marketed at that reduced price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: