Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a mic with the Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio routing on the Kronos is pretty flexible, which can also make it a little confusing!

There are two main places that audio routing is defined: in "GLOBAL" settings (under Audio), and in individual programs/combis/sequences.

Each program/combi/sequence can be set to use its own routing, or use the the routing configured in "GLOBAL". The GLOBAL settings are useful if you want to have the same routing, even when changing between programs/combis/sequences.

To change to using the global settings for a program (or vice versa), go into a ptogram/combi/sequences, go to "AUDIO IN" and hit the checkbox at the top to use global settings.

As for the routing, incoming audio can be routed to an IFX bus, an output (1/2/3/4/L/R, USB-L, USB-R), and also routed to MFX and a record bus. The options are the same between the per-program routes and the global routes.

It's all covered in the Operations Guide I think.

Hope that helps.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooch wrote:
You can't really go direct in with a mic without some kind of pre amp.
Otherwise it sounds all sizzle and no steak.

Hope that helps.

Hooch

\that is COMPLETELY wrong sir! i go direct and get a great signal. just make sure the button in the back is set to MIC position....not line.
I usually use a digital delay effect and slight reverb from the keyboard effects.
it sounds great!
adamburgess

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
Hooch wrote:
You can't really go direct in with a mic without some kind of pre amp.
Otherwise it sounds all sizzle and no steak.

Hope that helps.

Hooch

\that is COMPLETELY wrong sir! i go direct and get a great signal. just make sure the button in the back is set to MIC position....not line.
I usually use a digital delay effect and slight reverb from the keyboard effects.
it sounds great!

Agreed. It's fine. I had no problem using the same mic for a vocoder, and for the odd BVs that I do - just bypass any FX and send it back out dry. A balanced XLR to TRS jack works no problem.

Same with using the Kronos as an FX unit for my acoustic on the other few bits I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: